Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2008   #16
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
YEY WE GET IT ON PC AND CAN HAVE THOSE GLOVS WE WUNT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Still, can anybody think of the possibilities with all the physics in this game? The mods are going to be AMAZING. (Which this and the PC gamer magazine combined almost prove it's going to PC)
Old 07-27-2008   #17
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
If GTAIV is running on a console, that means it won't be DX10 exclusive unless they actually modified it to support it. I've read that one of the consoles doesn't support DX10 naturally, but they can still replicate the DX10 effects. I think it was the PS3?

So unless Rockstar wants to work harder for less money, no problem.
The 360 sort of uses DirectX 9.5. Not quite 10, but closer to it than PC DirectX 9 users will get.

The PS3 uses OpenGL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGAMES View Post
I don't know why there are all these Vista haters out there.. I'm using Vista since the SP1 was out, no actual problems.. but not to make this a Vista argument topic, I'm just going to say if GTAIV comes out to be a Vista exclusive, I think some of you could get a change of heart I know I would if I wasn't using Vista already.. lets just be happy that it looks like we'll get the game soon for the PC
I love Vista, but I doubt Microsoft wants to back it as much as before given its reputation.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #18
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
yes olin is roght 360 - dx9 ps3 opengl

but they are both around the same, not near DX10 standerds at all but devs push it to the limate to look sometimes better.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #19
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
awesome. mods for this game are gonna be amazing. it's pretty much gonna be the only reason i get it for pc haha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #20
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by grittack View Post
awesome. mods for this game are gonna be amazing. it's pretty much gonna be the only reason i get it for pc haha
Me too, awesome graphics and physics + over the top explosions and guns = win.
Old 07-29-2008   #21
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Microsoft has already taken steps to take XP out of the overall industry (Discontinued practically), it's pretty obvious they want Vista to succeed as fast as possible
They have?
Last time I checked they released XP SP3 because Vista failed.
And if they want Vista to succeed as fast as possible then why did they start development for windows 7 so soon? It's expected to be released 2009 - 2010.

The thing is.
Their first XP runner up was going to be Windows: Blackbomb (Codename), they discontinued that and went for Vista.
Now after the Vista history we all know, they picked up Blackbomb again to develop that to the new Windows 7

On topic: I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe or disbelief anything
Old 07-29-2008   #22
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Source: http://kotaku.com/5029574/gta-iv-for...listed-on-esrb

The guys at Kotaku (Via GAME-ON-GAME) have manage to catch a screenshot of the ESRB site when details of GTA IV for the PC was posted on the site, but was later removed.

Fake, or not fake? Do you guys think it's a hoaz, or is it pure mistake by the ESRB guys?

Discuss...
meh who cares, we all know its coming, CANT WAIT FOR CUSTOM CARS, NEW SKINS, NEW GUNS, lol who needs 360 dlc anyway when you have modders that do a better job on some cases then r*
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #23
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Could be real, could be fake...

also, afaik there have been no real "vista exclusives", but just bullshit. The games have been cracked to run on xp. Gotta love M$
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #24
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
They have?
And if they want Vista to succeed as fast as possible then why did they start development for windows 7 so soon? It's expected to be released 2009 - 2010.

The thing is.
Their first XP runner up was going to be Windows: Blackbomb (Codename), they discontinued that and went for Vista.
Now after the Vista history we all know, they picked up Blackbomb again to develop that to the new Windows 7

On topic: I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe or disbelief anything
'Blackcomb' never technically existed. It was always just a codename for the idea of what would succeed XP - there was no actual code or anything relating to it. Microsoft's idea turned out to be too ambitious to be turned into an actual project so Longhorn (Vista) was started as the successor of XP.

The reason why the codename Blackcomb is associated with the upcoming Windows Vienna (Windows 7) is because now those ambitions they had 8 or so years ago are no longer over-ambitious and could actually be a reality.

Also, they didn't release XP SP3 "because Vista failed". If you remember, they have actually released 2 service packs for Windows 2000 after XP was released. Did they consider XP to be a failure? Of course not, it's the world's most successful and popular OS to date.

But anyway, as far as this thread goes;

Normally I'd take something like this with a pinch of salt. It could be that ESRB just assumed there was going to be a port of it for PC for all we know and got it wrong. Or, it could be genuine, you would have thought ESRB would be too professional to make silly assumptions like that.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #25
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
ESRB actually have to play a game to put up a rating. So they've probably played it.
Old 07-29-2008   #26
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mouldy Punk:. View Post
'Blackcomb' never technically existed. It was always just a codename for the idea of what would succeed XP - there was no actual code or anything relating to it. Microsoft's idea turned out to be too ambitious to be turned into an actual project so Longhorn (Vista) was started as the successor of XP.

The reason why the codename Blackcomb is associated with the upcoming Windows Vienna (Windows 7) is because now those ambitions they had 8 or so years ago are no longer over-ambitious and could actually be a reality.

Also, they didn't release XP SP3 "because Vista failed". If you remember, they have actually released 2 service packs for Windows 2000 after XP was released. Did they consider XP to be a failure? Of course not, it's the world's most successful and popular OS to date.

But anyway, as far as this thread goes;

Normally I'd take something like this with a pinch of salt. It could be that ESRB just assumed there was going to be a port of it for PC for all we know and got it wrong. Or, it could be genuine, you would have thought ESRB would be too professional to make silly assumptions like that.
Don't take me as any other bashing know it all person (cause I don't, I follow what I know and believe)
But they announced "NO MORE SP'S FOR XP" after Vista. Yet they released SP3 with Vista features.
Also Longhorn was also discontinued (Around 2004 - 2005 if I remember correctly)
And Vienna IS Blackbomb.
Even back in the days Blackbomb got renamed to Vienna.

On a side note you're 100% correct with the fact they couldn't achieve their ambitions.
Old 07-29-2008   #27
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Longhorn is Vista. How did they discontinued it?
Old 07-29-2008   #28
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
They have?

The thing is.

SP3 was planned long before they actually started removing XP from the market and replacing it with Vista.

SP3 is basically a pack that includes all the Customer Service hotfixes that weren't available on WU, you can call customer support to confirm that. You either had to call CS to complain about a issue or you had to find a hotfix for the related problem on Microsoft's site. Since the issues were standalone they didn't make the autoupdate cycle for XP. And since Microsoft was going to start cashing as much money as possible from Vista they decided to patch all the systems with a couple of new critical patches and while they included all the CS custom patches so they could fully concentrate on support for Vista.. And of course they added some Vista abilities as well.

SP3 was just that, a service pack. They didn't stop working on Vista because of it. That was the last service pack your going to ever see commercially. Meaning unless a critical security bug gets found like LSASS bug that allowed automatic exploitation, you won't see a fix or it, not critical enough.

They want Vista to succeed since it's the money ticket for them. You don't get it do you? It's all about the money. One of the Microsoft developers even stated that they went too far with the Vista Compatible stickers just so they could get a larger market share, even though the PC would have problems with performance.

Even if Vista doesn't make it, you'll still have the overpriced Windows 7 to make money for Microsoft. Then they'll stop magically supporting Vista and try to convert the whole populace to their new OS. Just like they did with Vista.

Last edited by Xan; 07-29-2008 at 11:19 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote