Old 07-27-2008   #31
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback209 View Post
The gangs in IV just aren't as colorful and noticeable as they were in others. One of the most recognizable gangs in IV is the biker gang. Try walking up and punching one when hes with his group. Knifes and guns 'O plenty. =]
I did, i survived (but i had to pull out my pistol and shoot into the air)
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #32
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
there are some real gangs with names. you might remember the "angels of death" biker gang from the storyline. if you check the back of some bikers jacket's it will say "angels of death" and they'll always have a gun.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #33
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
It's all down to realism and all that Jazz, I know, I know, it takes away from the fun, but it's one aspect that was in dire need of changing, since in past games all of a gangs members looked the same and wore the same stuff and had identical cars, etc, in the real world police would just not bother with undercover units they could just walk up to them and arrest them and that's it. Having Gang members belnd in with the crowed is extreme realism and a gang member wouldn't wave a gun around in the street for no reason unless they were provoked. It's a little confusing, but I've noticed something, they tend to wear SIMILAR clothes and are often the first people to speak to you in the street and usually in a threatening manner.
one problem with that (i underlined it) most of the time they do drive the exact same car (or bike) as the rest of their gang. like in all of my examples in my post on the previous page =P and their cars are special versions of regular cars that exist in the game.
grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #34
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grittack View Post
one problem with that (i underlined it) most of the time they do drive the exact same car (or bike) as the rest of their gang. like in all of my examples in my post on the previous page =P and their cars are special versions of regular cars that exist in the game.
Its also mixed in with normal cars. I've noticed the SUV with the Jamaican flag paint job, and its an obvious sign of a gang. But you'll also see those people in an average car. I once pulled a biker gang member from a Banshee and a Continental.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #35
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
I seem to notice that certain gangs occupy certain neighborhoods. The whole vehicle thing appears more random. Am I just seeing things wrong? I just want to know so I know where random violence will be a little more difficult for me.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #36
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i noticed the same thing some gangs do drive randome vehicles sometimes your right jrussell89
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #37
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Thanks, I thought i was starting to go crazy or I just had some really screwed up version of IV that wasn't supposed to hit the streets (Oh shit, now I sound like Manny!).
Old 07-28-2008   #38
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
no your not crazy
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #39
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Quote:
when more and more people that buy their games, the more revenue they get. The larger the amount of money the company has, the larger the amount of tools they have at their disposal to create a better game than the last. Hype is a very powerful sales tool, and it worked quite well for GTAIV. It pissed some people off, but rockstar is now richer for it.

GarrettQ
While that makes since, You also have to consider that getting all those people hyped up for a game they found dissapointing is not going to help then in the long run when GTAV comes out and all these people say "F*** it GTA IV sucked why wont this one?" yah know? That is if that's what you meant by "It pissed some people off"

On topic: I like how the gangs blend in,I never really thought of them as gangs until reading this but now it totally makes since, I love it when I'm randomly killing pedestrians and some gang member is like "hell naw" and starts shooting at me from like 100 yard away, it's fun!
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #40
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

Definitely, I agree BlackSilver! I was just messing around in Northern Broker at a train station. I shoved this one guy and he was like, "Hell naw!" and he knuckled up to fight me. I, of course, shot the fool. Then, just like that (sound of fingers snapping) there were like 5 guys whipping out their pistols and gettin' loose on me. This evolved into a nice three-way shootout with this gang and the police! Now that's fun!