Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008   #16
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Also, now that the PS3 is getting trophies, I believe that Rockstar should take advantage of these trophies, and include the achievements which the 360 version possesses.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #17
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
The ladders around the heli tours pier that dip into the water only seem to work sometimes, when trying to climb out of the water.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #18
gtanewbie
Newbie Member

gtanewbie can only hope to improve
does patch fix stallling of the game in storyline mission
gtanewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #19
-=Pyro-Psycho=-

-=Pyro-Psycho=- has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Yes, the initial patch did.
-=Pyro-Psycho=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #20
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Stand on top of cars while they are in motion. I haven't really had any problems with multiplayer, so no complaints.

Yeah fix the number plates, as I've noticed loads say LIBERTY CITY on them.

When you're in the water there are ladders but you can't get up them.

Achievements would be awesome I'd like them on the PS3 version.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #21
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing as the custom soundtracks on PS3 aren't universal, I'd like an update to put custom soundtracks in gta iv.

I'll be very happy if I see this

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holster View Post
Stand on top of cars while they are in motion. I haven't really had any problems with multiplayer, so no complaints.

Yeah fix the number plates, as I've noticed loads say LIBERTY CITY on them.

When you're in the water there are ladders but you can't get up them.

Achievements would be awesome I'd like them on the PS3 version.
Press Y/Triangle. If you try to move before the animation starts then you won't be able to climb. Trust me, I've climbed loads of ladders in the water.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #23
Yarnox
Newbie Member

Yarnox is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having problems with getting into cars/bikes/helicopters/boats in Multiplayer Mode. I just hold Triangle/Y the WHOLE time and it takes ages for my character to get in, and while he waits he just dances around his place to sit like a numbskull and eventually when he's low on health, he'll get in. And even sometimes, when I want to go sit on a passenger seat, he just CAN'T get in, I hold Triangle/Y, I repeatedly press it, I ram it, but he just won't get in, and then the driver thinks I'm a jerk, and I have to go find another car while the driver of the car my character won't get into tries to run me over.

BTW, (anti-cheaters, don't read this) when I spawn an Annihilator in Single-Player mode on the middle of the street and I press Triangle/Y to get in, Niko goes really stupid and all he does is take ten steps backwards.
Yarnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #24
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Press Y/Triangle. If you try to move before the animation starts then you won't be able to climb. Trust me, I've climbed loads of ladders in the water.
Alright thanks I'll have a go, just a few times I found them awkward to climb and couldn't climb them.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #25
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
I'd like to see the friends calling toned down. It happens way too often. It should be rare.

Basically, I think the friendships need to be watered down. Calls a lot less and they could be less dependent on you.
Old 07-10-2008   #26
NamAim1991

NamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really nice
Yeah achievements should be ported to the PS3 as trophies. So far I haven't cheated in my Story Complete GTA save just in hopes that if trophies do come, i get them. I really don't wanna play through the game a third time just for my trophies. And this is more of a sony update, but custom soundtracks... pretty much everything that's already been listed. haha
NamAim1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008   #27
Noblemight
Newbie Member

Noblemight is an unknown quantity at this point
Car spawning

What about car spawning? You unlock the comet pretty early in the game and then it's like the car never existed. Can something be done about this?
Noblemight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #28
2 Nyce

2 Nyce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
In GTA III, my little minigame was to grab a M16, hop onto the back of a flatbed, crouch down, fire a shot at the driver and see how long you can stay on for.
damn.........
2 Nyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #29
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Nice spotting, of course I couldn't crouch. My bad xD

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #30
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
One major issue for me is car spawning. Why is it that with all the power in the 360/PS3, the developers couldn't figure out a way to fully randomize the vehicles? We shouldn't have to suffer through this anymore. There's nothing else in the game that spoils the buzz as much as running around trying to find a decent car and only having Humvee's and CRX's to choose from.

The friendship system should also be tweaked. Or at least give the user the ability to turn it off or on once a friend's unique service is unlocked. Having to keep Jacob, Packie, Brucie, Roman and Dwayne happy is a real pain in the ass.

That's all I can think of that doesn't require a true revisitation on behalf of Rockstar. It's a great game, this GTAIV, but it has some serious issues that hopefully will be addressed in the DLC.
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote