Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2008   #16
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I thought the same thing a week after it first came out. Now I've started playing it again and I love it
Old 06-27-2008   #17
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Ok so i got neg repped because of what I said in this topic which is actually the same thing as alot of other people said, and the reason was "armchair mod"

I don't quite get what exactly the person meant, they didn't leave their name either.

If anyone knows what they meant let me know, i think i kind of get it but i'm not too sure.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #18
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty.by.association View Post
Ok so i got neg repped because of what I said in this topic which is actually the same thing as alot of other people said, and the reason was "armchair mod"

I don't quite get what exactly the person meant, they didn't leave their name either.

If anyone knows what they meant let me know, i think i kind of get it but i'm not too sure.
I think they meant you're trying to boss people around basically when you have no powers to actually do so. Weird, really, you can have the right motives, and justify them as being for the good of the forum, but unless you're a moderator you're seen as a dick. Just ignore it, the person who -rep'd you probbaly had low rep anyway, so it probably had no effect on yours.

I'd +rep you if I can, but I +rep'd one of your threads earlier

thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #19
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
I think they meant you're trying to boss people around basically when you have no powers to actually do so. Weird, really, you can have the right motives, and justify them as being for the good of the forum, but unless you're a moderator you're seen as a dick. Just ignore it, the person who -rep'd you probbaly had low rep anyway, so it probably had no effect on yours.

I'd +rep you if I can, but I +rep'd one of your threads earlier
Nope it was red

Sad really, i was actually not trying to boss him round, but instead tell him that spamming caps lock and "?!" doesn't make him look good.

Cause let's face it, it doesn't.

And thanks, I thought that's what it meant.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #20
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Im starting to think he speaks the truth. cba to read all he says but. it must been most short, boring, shitty GTA ever :/ of the 3D's.. sorry R*. go for the bigger. not the sharper.
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #21
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Firstly, the Rep system on here means sod all if you think about it. And 2ndly, I'm not bored of GTA at all; I've not played any other game since I've had it tbh, but lately I've been so busy, I barely play anything as I just can't find the time. But with me, I have to be in the mood to play games or I get bored of anything after a while and just can't concentrate.

Like COD 4; I've really fallen off with my skills cos I got GTA and I really can't be bothered to get back into it again, whereas, GTA is a pick-up-and-play kind of game, where you can either play it seriously or just be an idiot in your own way.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #22
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
For me gta is all i will play on my PS3 and never get bored of them
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008   #23
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
I agree that it has gotten a little stale earlier than the other GTA games I've played. Most likely due to the lack of things to do after 100%. Hopefully they will concentrate on the fun factor rather than the realistic aspect in GTA V.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #24
Flash512
The Cynical Boi
Newbie Member

Flash512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Only thing I found bad about GTA IV was that the Police are super sensitive.
kill one person and you got five officers running after you.
Old 06-28-2008   #25
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Heres one reccomendation, stop driving around normally, as fun and amazing as it is. Start randomly flying helicopters into things, trying crazy stunts, finding interiors to hole up in for shootouts. I can get YEARS out of any GTA game just from the fact that it's a sandbox game and I make up my own stuff to do.
Old 07-08-2008   #26
Braden
Newbie Member

Braden is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it's a marketing strategy. Like a drag race, you must first use the smaller gear, then switch to higher ones later.
- Signature removed by mouldy. Please read the rules (specifically rule #19) before you use another signature.
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #27
Noblemight
Newbie Member

Noblemight is an unknown quantity at this point
This is just the beginning.

I guess Bigbro didn't realize that playing gta iv would be the equivalent of playing gta 3 because this is also a launchpad game for a new generation. All the other crazy wonderful stuff is coming, but first the foundation has to be setup so that the quality is always at the expected awesome level of the franchise. It would have been a disaster to do too much with their launchpad, but you would have to be blind not to see the potential of this new generation of gta games.

Also, this game is a lot darker than previous games have been because it is very important as we all have discovered that kids don't glorify the series anymore. The game is getting increasingly realistic and the last thing mature fans of the game need is another "Special Report" claiming R* is turning the kiddies into homicidal maniacs. I am glad they stripped this game down from the party fest that San Andreas was.
Noblemight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008   #28
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
someone pull my thread up that got some positive feedbak for noobs
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote