Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008   #1
bigbro
Banned
Banned

bigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these partsbigbro is infamous around these parts
GTA IV got boring kinda fast, little content, same old shit!

So this " awesome GTA IV" that was so hyped up and took so much time to reach the retailers ended being just that?? If you're gonna spend so much time creating a city like that, at least give us something to do in it. IT still feels like you're driving around cardboards cut-outs, a lot of building with a painted door on it to make you realize you're stuck in the street again .

SHITTY SAFEHOUSES!!! A stupid yellow parking space, at least, why can't I get Pegorino house once I kill him, his house had a garage with the moving door and all that shit but you're stuck in shitty appartments all game long, oh god, I can watch TV !!!

EASIEST OF ALL GTAs TO GET 100% !!! I never had an easier time getting 100% than on this GTA IV . Now getting 100% has become an easy thing, why isn't it more to do?? Shitty missions , always the same shit!

GO THERE... FOLLOW THAT VEHICLE... KILL THAT GUY... MISSION COMPLETE !!! ALWAYS THAT SAME SHIT!!!

WHERE IS THE PURPLE DILDO???

Don't compare this game to San Andreas , compare it to GTA 3 , ok so what is this line of thinking??? Do you compare NFL Madden 2008 to the 2002 , hell fuck!! You always compare the next installment to the last one, it's always supposed to be proggressing.

NEXT GENERATION OF CONSOLES MY ASS, ALL THE WEAPONS THEY LEFT OUT , I WISH I COULD KICK SAM AND DAN HOUSER ASSES OUT THEIR FERRARIS!!!!
bigbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't you already complained about this before? If you hate the game soo much why do you continue to post here? Why not go play other games?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008   #3
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro View Post
So this " awesome GTA IV" that was so hyped up and took so much time to reach the retailers ended being just that??
It is a first shot for R* to create a GTA for next-gen consoles, they had bigger things to worry about than adding the useless features from San Andreas.

Quote:
SHITTY SAFEHOUSES!!! A stupid yellow parking space, at least, why can't I get Pegorino house once I kill him, his house had a garage with the moving door and all that shit but you're stuck in shitty appartments all game long, oh god, I can watch TV !!!
What do you expect? A Slavic immigrant getting a mansion? R* gave GTA IV a "rags" theme to the game. This is not "rags to the riches" like the past GTA's.

Quote:
EASIEST OF ALL GTAs TO GET 100% !!! I never had an easier time getting 100% than on this GTA IV . Now getting 100% has become an easy thing, why isn't it more to do?? Shitty missions , always the same shit!
That is your opinion. To actual GTA fans it is fun.

Quote:
GO THERE... FOLLOW THAT VEHICLE... KILL THAT GUY... MISSION COMPLETE !!! ALWAYS THAT SAME SHIT!!!
Yes, for once I agree with you partly, but I never expected the most "awesome" missions from GTA IV. Like I said before, it is R*'s first gta on the PS3 & 360.

Quote:
Sprunk factory or any place with rubble, really. And no, your dreams of using it in anyway is not in the game. It is just an object jammed in a bunch of rubble.

Quote:
Don't compare this game to San Andreas , compare it to GTA 3 , ok so what is this line of thinking??? Do you compare NFL Madden 2008 to the 2002 , hell fuck!! You always compare the next installment to the last one, it's always supposed to be proggressing.
GTA IV is the same as GTA III, new start on new consoles. Rockstar Games have so much shit to code, model, photograph, create sound, create a perfect set with perfect acting for all the motion capture acting for cutscenes and character movements. So much more I can name, if you think about it there is a lot more than GTA III. All it does is get rid of those useless San Andreas features. Wanna dress your character up? Check this website out www.barbiedressup.net, you will adore it.

Quote:
NEXT GENERATION OF CONSOLES MY ASS, ALL THE WEAPONS THEY LEFT OUT , I WISH I COULD KICK SAM AND DAN HOUSER ASSES OUT THEIR FERRARIS!!!!
Go to Saints Row 2 forum.

Anyway, bigbro. I am very curious to ask, are you here to troll the forums saying GTA IV is shit over and over again or are you actually posting some positive contributions towards GTA here? 80% of every posts I have seen from you some how bash the game.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #4
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
So this " awesome GTA IV" that was so hyped up and took so much time to reach the retailers ended being just that?? If you're gonna spend so much time creating a city like that, at least give us something to do in it. IT still feels like you're driving around cardboards cut-outs, a lot of building with a painted door on it to make you realize you're stuck in the street again .
Hey no games perfect right? But bloody hell I dissagree with this comment you made, because the buildings do look realistic is GTA:IV.

Quote:
Ahm, that is the freaken idea of the storyline, not raggs to riches instead it's raggs to better raggs.

Quote:
ASIEST OF ALL GTAs TO GET 100% !!! I never had an easier time getting 100% than on this GTA IV . Now getting 100% has become an easy thing, why isn't it more to do?? Shitty missions , always the same shit!
To bad for you!

Quote:
As I in my last comment.

Quote:
Get over yourself already! Who cares!?

Quote:
New generation of GTA, and no it does not have to continue progressing! Fucking hell I don't know how much I have said "compair it to GTA III"

Quote:
Then get the hell out off the forum!
Old 06-25-2008   #5
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
While I disagree with the compare it to GTA III I also disagree with all the crap the OP said
Besides the mission thing that is

But don't get me wrong.
I also disagree with GTA comparing to GTA SA or any other game for that mather.
I feel GTA IV should be compared to GTA IV
It's a NEW game that just happens to wear the GTA name.
That's how I look at it.
Old 06-25-2008   #6
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, you look at things from the wrong perspective. It's not about how many kinds of vehicles, weapons, activities or clothes are there. It's about how a lot of "meaningless" stuff has evolved.

I can finally take cover behind a crushed car I drove in to do a drug deal a few moments ago, while a group of enemy drug dealers, who are also taking cover behind trees and walls, are shooting at me through windows of the car which is slowly starting to set on fire. I run away to hide behind a bunch of garbage cans, trying to avoid all those bullets flying around, followed by a scary sound of guns held by my enemies who are now going after me. As they approach to finish me off a mighty explosion comes their way - poor fellows die screaming as a very realistic fire guttles their bodies.

Once again I leave looking for something to eat in order to recover - but no, there's nothing but a few hobos and an empty street in front of me. I decide to call my cousin for a taxi ride and while trying to reach my crappy cell phone I spot a car parked only ten steps away. As I come to break a window and hot-wire that nice looking baby whose owner will curse my name for a next few months, I suddenly hear gun shots - seems that someone was hiding among those homeless people. A star pops up in the right corner of the screen and I set off as fast as I can. Almost there, out of policeman's sight - what the hell, why the car doesn't make a turn!? Well, it was too late to think about that as I crush through trash cans and get stuck inside an narrow alley. Seems like the front tires were popped out. Perfect. As I try to get out, screen suddenly gets black - "Hello there, officer. What a nice day, huh?"

That's just one of those situations you should be enjoying when playing GTA IV.
Old 06-25-2008   #7
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing in GTA IV is a revolution, and that's why it feels "been there, done that" to many.

GTA III brought a new meaning to free roaming.
GTA VC brought a new meaning to atmosphere.
GTA SA brought a new meaning to content.

GTA IV brought a new meaning to WATCHING TV IN A VIDEO GAME!!!1 and WHINING FRIENDS!!!1

And sure, I know it's a good game with great physics and a much needed, albeit a bit broken, cover system.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #8
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japisee View Post
GTA III brought a new meaning to free roaming.
GTA VC brought a new meaning to atmosphere.
GTA SA brought a new meaning to content.
GTA IV brought a new meaning to details and a "living, breathing" city.

You guys keep complaining that GTA IV has left out many things. But do you realize that they actually left it out in order to make the rest of the game, perfect which is more important than some useless things that were in San Andreas. I can tell you that GTA IV is the only GTA game they've ever made that has reached this quality of perfection in every area of the game.

Every game gets boring, but I feel that the fact that GTA San Andreas had some things that GTA IV didn't makes GTA San Andreas worth the few hours of playing still. It still allows the older GTAs to retain their fun factor and replayability value.

Last edited by De7erminist; 06-25-2008 at 05:22 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #9
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
By taking away a lot of content.
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #10
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
People would take you more seriously if you stopped spamming ?@!??!?!?CAPS LOCK OMG.

I agree with some things but really, don't type like that or people will just get pissed off.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #11
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I won't even call you "bigbro" due to the fact my "Big Bro" is more mature then you ...
But seriously if you don't like the game, sell it and go see Wall-E. Im sure it will be just as mature as you are
________
Chevrolet cavalier

Last edited by Patrucci; 02-25-2011 at 08:41 PM..
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008   #12
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
WHilst I can agree with some points... All you've done is complain and complain about GTA IV. We get it. You're disappointed, now can you stop trying to convince everyone else to hate it? I don't know if you've gathered it yet, but aside the tiny little things, most people here love the game.

:/
Old 06-26-2008   #13
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Bigbro, its just a fucking video game, stop making it your life.
Old 06-26-2008   #14
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Ok

Dude if you think the game is crap then sell your copy and you are a happy guy if not than what is the point of saying all that and still having a copy

Quote:

claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #15
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Newbie Member

ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
I can understand some of the things that the OP is saying but the way he is going about stating his point is fucked up, he needs to chill,

but he is right about Pegorino's house, especially since it has a helicopter in the back as well,

I think rock * figured that the game has a solid single player experience and what the single player experience lacks the multiplayer would make up for, in some ways that is true because my friends and I have been talking about a GTA multiplayer since back in high school, but this GTA really doesnt stack up to San Andreas in terms of things to do and even to see,

At the same time this is rockstar's first GTA entry into NexGen Gaming and I think that they realize the potential of the DLC and that they are going to use that to expand the world that they have already created, and this same OP will come here and post that Rock* is a genius LOL
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote