Old 05-28-2008   #31
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
You know what?! For the first time ever I never once though about cheating. To be honest I forgot there even were cheats!
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #32
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
The only other pattern I see is that the first 3 numbers spell a word connected to the cheat. I.E - 227 = CAR, 625 = MBK, 267 = COP and so on... so this may ease the pressure a little. But usually Rockstar sell the cheats to people like IGN and Gamespot etc by now, so either there are no more, which would be a terrible shame, or they're releasing them with the DLC.
It is a terrible shame I agree! It is very possible that the developers diden't sell every single cheat in GTA IV but a select few, and it will be up to us to discovour them if possible.
Old 05-29-2008   #33
Colonelkillgore
Newbie Member

Colonelkillgore is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
But a patch would mean you are made to have them. We want the option to pick and choose which ones we use.
No no, I mean a patch that would allow you to use cheats. See, the cheats are in the coding. But it would be possible to have a patch where the coding gets added to or changed, opening up more cheats.
Colonelkillgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #34
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I thought of this last night when I was looking for cheats. I thought that R* might have patches that will activate the cheats when they think its time for us to know them.
Old 05-30-2008   #35
7 Day Theory
with fate guiding my every move

7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road
I'd have to think that there are other cheats in the game, but we have yet to find them. And I've been assuming for quite awhile that Rockstar will release new ones at some point. But, if there are others yet to be found my question is; "why?"

Why would Rockstar not release them all upon release? Is the logic that it would be fun for us to find them on our own? What's the point of that.

Anyway, I had fun with the cheats in past games. Specifically the pedestrians have weapons cheat, and the pedestrians riot cheat. Turning those both on and watching the mayhem was tons of fun. Although I'd usually end up getting killed by a stray rocket at some point...
7 Day Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #36
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
I never told anyone that they couldn't use cheats. I just said, 'A good gamer doesn't need cheats'.
Are you a good gamer?
wtf kind of response is that? for one, no body NEEDS cheats, they are just something to have fun with.
and 2, ill admit im not a good gamer, as i expect many other an here arent either. Personally, i just buy games, play them and have fun, i dont focus my life on being a good gamer. its something to do so i wont be bored.
Old 06-23-2008   #37
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
wtf kind of response is that? for one, no body NEEDS cheats, they are just something to have fun with.
and 2, ill admit im not a good gamer, as i expect many other an here arent either. Personally, i just buy games, play them and have fun, i dont focus my life on being a good gamer. its something to do so i wont be bored.
I agree, this is why I hate when people play for points or leaderboards or whatever. I play videogames for fun not to be the best but to have fun and not be bored.

Cheats are for everyone, even good gamers will use cheats to mess around with everyonce and a while. If you ask any professional gamer if they use cheats they will all say the exact same thing thing, "Yes, I use cheats but only to mess around with". Cheats are very good and helpful in a game as big and vast as GTA IV, same goes for any 3d enviroment. wether it be oblivion or saints row, they help people out that are struggling with the game.
Old 06-24-2008   #38
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
I thought of this last night when I was looking for cheats. I thought that R* might have patches that will activate the cheats when they think its time for us to know them.
Don't you think it's allready time then?
ALOT of people got bored with GTA. (See random posts on this forum )
And the probability they'll buy the DLC will go lower as well because of that.