Old 06-10-2008   #1
AceVirus
Socom/THPS Hacker
Amateur Member

AceVirus is on a distinguished roadAceVirus is on a distinguished roadAceVirus is on a distinguished road
PS3 Join Room Problem?

Well, ever since I've bought GTA IV when it came out, I've had this problem. Someone would invite me to their room and I'd try to join, I'd get a message saying something like the room doesn't exist. Now, this happens with the majority of people who invite me, but however there is one person I can connect to, but if he invites someone else in then I'll lose connection to the room. Anyone have any idea why this is happening, and know how I might be able to fix it? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2008   #2
Banshee Booster
Newbie Member

Banshee Booster is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a similar problem but went slightly further that i couldn't access any online games on GTA. The way i fixed it was to put my PS3 into the DMZ on my router, I now have no problems joining or playing online, still occasionally get the connection to one or more players ... blah blah blah message but cant expect to connect perfectly every single time. Hope this helps

GTAIII 100% complete
GTA Vice City 100% complete
GTA San Andreas 100% complete
GTA LS Stories 100% complete
GTA VC Stories 100% complete
GTAIV 100% complete
Banshee Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008   #3
AceVirus
Socom/THPS Hacker
Amateur Member

AceVirus is on a distinguished roadAceVirus is on a distinguished roadAceVirus is on a distinguished road
Thanks man, I'll try that.
Old 06-12-2008   #4
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
i also get this error whenever i try to connect to a game.. my NAT is open and im running my xbox' internet cable directly from the wall (by-passing any router, firewall and such)

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008   #5
AceVirus
Socom/THPS Hacker
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee Booster View Post
I had a similar problem but went slightly further that i couldn't access any online games on GTA. The way i fixed it was to put my PS3 into the DMZ on my router, I now have no problems joining or playing online, still occasionally get the connection to one or more players ... blah blah blah message but cant expect to connect perfectly every single time. Hope this helps
Sorry.. but what is "DMZ"?
Old 06-13-2008   #6
Banshee Booster
Newbie Member

Banshee Booster is an unknown quantity at this point
DMZ stands for demilitarised zone, it basically opens every ports by bypassing any firewall and other protection in your router. here is a link to the guide i used to sort mine hope it helps
http://community.eu.playstation.com/...hread.id=12006

GTAIII 100% complete
GTA Vice City 100% complete
GTA San Andreas 100% complete
GTA LS Stories 100% complete
GTA VC Stories 100% complete
GTAIV 100% complete
Banshee Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008   #7
AceVirus
Socom/THPS Hacker
Amateur Member

Alright.. I did the DMZ stuff, and now when I go to save the settings I just made, I get an error when doing the test connection.
Old 06-14-2008   #8
AceVirus
Socom/THPS Hacker
Amateur Member

Alright, so I went back to the default settings, and it gave me a little hint. When I tested the settings it said "When the NAT type is type 3, chat or the communication features of games may be restricted..." does this help at all?