Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008   #1
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Post Saint's Row gets bashed back in this video, not by Rockstar, or T2, but by Me.

Anyone remember The Saint´s Row 2 "Activities trailer" ? The one that bashed GTA IV for supposedly lacking stuff to do in it ? Anyone thought it was unneccesary and unprovoked ? I though that, and heres my answer.

Link: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/227385.html

Note: If you can´t take a joke, don´t watch it allright ?

Writers, Why don´t you put the video up just for some reactions ?

Peace,
Brotha

Last edited by Brotha; 06-09-2008 at 02:00 PM..
Old 06-09-2008   #2
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
You rock. +rep
Old 06-09-2008   #3
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Great video! I love it, +Rep!
Old 06-09-2008   #4
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I agree with everyone here. That was awesome

MOAR +REP
Old 06-09-2008   #5
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Great Video, Brotha.
Also, great voice acting for that one guy.

+rep.
Old 06-09-2008   #6
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
I think Saints row will be better, "BUT OMGEE IV HAZ LIEK GRAPHICZ!" Fuck graphics i say.
I judge this by the overwhealm of threads/stories/what i have just heard.
Old 06-09-2008   #7
SMA
Newbie Member

SMA can only hope to improve
That sucked.

I mean, who cares about flipping off your bike?

I love the GTA series and GTA IV, but Saints Row 2 will be better.

Last edited by SMA; 06-09-2008 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-09-2008   #8
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I think it's really bad when the best retort you can come up with is a knock against the physics system and the supposedly generic looking city. But honestly, Liberty City, as neat as it looks, doesn't mean a thing when there's hardly anything to do, so that's a double edged sword; content is far more important.

Nice video though. I liked the footage of the Euphoria.
Old 06-09-2008   #9
Shazly

Shazly is on a distinguished roadShazly is on a distinguished road
GREAT VID
+rep
Old 06-09-2008   #10
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro View Post
I think it's really bad when the best retort you can come up with is a knock against the physics system and the supposedly generic looking city. But honestly, Liberty City, as neat as it looks, doesn't mean a thing when there's hardly anything to do, so that's a double edged sword; content is far more important.

Nice video though. I liked the footage of the Euphoria.
I'm with this guy. I'm still loyal to GTA though. Seems like most people just don't have enough imagination to find things to do in Liberty City.

That point against the city doesn't mean much when GTA went back to Liberty City. I understand it's different, but c'mon.
Old 06-09-2008   #11
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
the video makes GTA IV look dull and boring compared to the saints row 2 trailer. you do the same thing like 4 times at the start then show some footage of the city... if i was gonna choose SR2 or GTAIV over your video or the violation one id choose SR2 for sure!

edit: and for the record ill be buying SR2 not because i think its better because i think its just gonna give me a different game experience.
Old 06-09-2008   #12
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I just don't understand the overused physics point when he uses 4 clips which are all reasonably similar to each other. Oh well.
Old 06-09-2008   #13
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar wanted to make a game that, like all other GTAs if you haven't noticed, focused on the storyline, the characters, the city and its feel. No one can deny that they succeeded in that with flying colours. So what if there is little to do after finishing a thirty hour storyline? Is that somehow not just about four times as long as just about any other game you pay €60 for anymore? Were there somehow hours and hours of things besides driving around and killing people to do after the storylines of GTA, GTA2, GTAIII, Vice City, and even San Andreas that I didn't know about? I really wonder how things that were once either acceptable or even part of the GTA philosophy have suddenly become so god damn objectionable.
Old 06-09-2008   #14
Himuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Rockstar wanted to make a game that, like all other GTAs if you haven't noticed, focused on the storyline, the characters, the city and its feel. No one can deny that they succeeded in that with flying colours. So what if there is little to do after finishing a thirty hour storyline? Is that somehow not just about four times as long as just about any other game you pay €60 for anymore? Were there somehow hours and hours of things besides driving around and killing people to do after the storylines of GTA, GTA2, GTAIII, Vice City, and even San Andreas that I didn't know about? I really wonder how things that were once either acceptable or even part of the GTA philosophy have suddenly become so god damn objectionable.
You are forgetting this is a sandbox game, not an action game that happens to take place in a big world. In GTAIII, VC and SA you could do all of this: rob houses, pimping missions, gun shooting machines at the gun shops, taxi missions, ambulance missions, vigilante missions, fire ambulance, pizza delivery, character customization, car customization, gang turf wars, gambling, property, house/apartment buying, driving and boat school among other thing to toy around with like jets, jetpacks, numerous weapons that aren't in IV. On top of this, doing each side mission rendered you a reward, whether it be fireproof via beating the firetruck missions, or something cool at your safehouse via every 10 hidden packages/tiki's you collect.

So yes, you are missing something. The amount of content removed from previous GTA's in IV is ridiculous, unwarranted, and entirely nonsensical.

Last edited by Himuro; 06-09-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Old 06-09-2008   #15
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
wow Brotha, awesome vid!!! great job
Closed Thread