Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008   #1
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
When I buy the game, don't I buy the music that comes with it?

So I just Zit'd a song for the first time (never bothered with it before) and then went to the social rockstar club whatever site to check it out and it only gave me 39 seconds of it???

What the fuck.

You PAY for the game, the game already has the music in it, thus you also pay for the music, right?

It's dumb and I know I can get it other ways but it would have been cool if you could Zit a song and at least listen to the full version on the social site.
It's same as opening the game and listening to it minus the waiting until the song comes on.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
The developers pay for the music sound track on the game if that is what you are talking about, you pay the developers charge, (that includes the music in a way) shipping costs and store charge.
I think that's how it works...
Old 05-29-2008   #3
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
no, you didnt buy the song, you bought a game, the artists will have got royalties for the usage of thier songs in the game, but only in the game, if you want the song by other means, to listen to in your own time, you have to buy it.
Old 05-29-2008   #4
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Alright, thanks for clearing it up Lukeyy.
I'm not too familiar with these wacky licensing laws.

Well then I guess I'll go and...ummm, buy it.
Yes...¬_¬
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #5
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
ZiT! the song, gets put on the social club, then you're supposed to go to the amazon music store and download it. that's how it was intended
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
So I just Zit'd a song for the first time (never bothered with it before) and then went to the social rockstar club whatever site to check it out and it only gave me 39 seconds of it???

What the fuck.

You PAY for the game, the game already has the music in it, thus you also pay for the music, right?

It's dumb and I know I can get it other ways but it would have been cool if you could Zit a song and at least listen to the full version on the social site.
It's same as opening the game and listening to it minus the waiting until the song comes on.
That's a little dumb my friend, going by what you're saying I Own The 80s!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote