Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2008   #16
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Female protagonist?

lol no. nothing wrong with the idea, just wouldnt suit.

i think if i wanted any city it would have to be a massive Los Santos
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #17
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
I think the new one [by the way it is way too early to be talking about this] is going to be in London.

- Change of location [European country]
- I don't think the feel of the Miami city would be good enough for a GTA on the next generation - too clean and a bright city
- London goes with the dark, grity feeling they captured in Liberty City
- It's a decent size city that R* would be able to capture and emulate in the style of GTA

There were some other reasons I thought of but just woken up and can't recall them.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #18
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbob View Post
I think the new one [by the way it is way too early to be talking about this] is going to be in London.

- Change of location [European country]
- I don't think the feel of the Miami city would be good enough for a GTA on the next generation - too clean and a bright city
- London goes with the dark, grity feeling they captured in Liberty City
- It's a decent size city that R* would be able to capture and emulate in the style of GTA

There were some other reasons I thought of but just woken up and can't recall them.
the only reason i wouldn't want it to be in Europe would be because GTA has almost always been about ripping off America in a way. It just wouldn't feel right...i believe i am completely unbiased in my opinion here because i live in a shit country...i can see you live in england and you may want it to be there just cos u live there etc... thats just my opinion..
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008   #19
DanWer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
All GTA's thus far have involved the player as a criminal. Even though a rogue cop could be a possibility, it could ruin tradition and may lose gamers' interest. Good idea, like The Getaway™, but I highly doubt it will develop into anything.
Why would it be anything with non criminal activity? It's called Grand Theft Auto
Old 05-12-2008   #20
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
.i can see you live in england and you may want it to be there just cos u live there etc... thats just my opinion..
Actually no, I love that they are based in America, as i want to live there in a few years.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #21
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
America is what they do best. But they'd better concentrate on making a pc version before anything else or they'll lose a big fan, me.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #22
Josh1988

Josh1988 is infamous around these partsJosh1988 is infamous around these parts
I def believe V will be released on PS3 and 360. I also believe we can expect V in the next 3-5 years as well. As for the 720 thats just a stupid name for the next xbox.
Josh1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #23
arslanz1

arslanz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
No doubt R* are already working on the next title, but a European country would be a nice change.
Brother what about Dubai? i think it would be a big change. a city full of Luxury ! wide roads,7 star hotels,supercars, planes, choppers, landmarks.... but i think they would't do this b,couse this is an Arab country.
arslanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #24
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
the only reason i wouldn't want it to be in Europe would be because GTA has almost always been about ripping off America in a way. It just wouldn't feel right...i believe i am completely unbiased in my opinion here because i live in a shit country...i can see you live in england and you may want it to be there just cos u live there etc... thats just my opinion..
Don't diss NZ lol.

I was born in the south but I live in Auckland, I hate it here but to be honest Auckland would be a perfect set for a GTA game. I've actually discussed the pros and cons with my friend a few days ago.

It'd never happen.

Apart from that guy who used San Andreas to make a NZ version which looked pretty cool.

As for that guy saying a female protagonist, that would be awesome but they won't do it.

It would fit if you put it in the right scenario. Catalina's personality for example. She would kick ass as the main character even though she's annoying as fuck. It would fit in her sense, maybe not a blonde skinny whore though lol.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #25
Osheem

Osheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enough
I highly doubt the next GTA will even be V. Probably something like, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City II.
Osheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #26
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty.by.association View Post
Don't diss NZ lol.

I was born in the south but I live in Auckland, I hate it here but to be honest Auckland would be a perfect set for a GTA game. I've actually discussed the pros and cons with my friend a few days ago.

It'd never happen.

Apart from that guy who used San Andreas to make a NZ version which looked pretty cool.

As for that guy saying a female protagonist, that would be awesome but they won't do it.

It would fit if you put it in the right scenario. Catalina's personality for example. She would kick ass as the main character even though she's annoying as fuck. It would fit in her sense, maybe not a blonde skinny whore though lol.
A female protagonist for the next GTA, that's a great idea..who knows ? it good be a good thing.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #27
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
My next grand theft auto would be somewhere in the middle east, more specifically Lebanon.

Not only because it's my country or anything, but seriously if anyone came to here they would understand why.
You can have the beach, mountains, small neighborhoods, tall buildings, so on.

Now for the idea, it would be a certain patriotic civilian, who got his parents killed during civil war (the Lebanese civil war) and wants revenge from the people who killed them. [ ok the idea is not so much of a stunner but what the hell, it could be catchy.]

A new type of gaming would born, the militia type; it's the gang situation taking up a notch.

Now to talk a little about the main character, I just had an idea of having two characters, and within the game you could change (something like that) but let's not just base our theory on that.

Cars, would be a wide range, from SUVs, ATVs, Planes, Cars, Bikes, Motorbikes & much more.
Weaponry, adding some features to the old weapons (silencer, a knife to the rifle..)
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #28
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
My next grand theft auto would be somewhere in the middle east, more specifically Lebanon.
Too much politics involved, it's not going to happen anywhere soon.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #29
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
For it to be set in Lebanon, it would have to be more political than gang-based. Rival factions in Lebanon fighting amongst each other would provide a good setting, with the Syrians, Druze, Shiites, Sunnis, Catholics, Government and Israelis, but I think it'd take the fun out of GTA. I hope the next one takes place in Carcer City, from Manhunt. Would be nice if they expanded on that, and maybe add in some Yakuza.
the punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #30
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortigern View Post
Too much politics involved, it's not going to happen anywhere soon.
meh, I know..
just let me dream a little while.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote