Old 05-14-2008   #1
Ve3tro 021
VI ATG

Ve3tro 021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any tips to beat the high score on QUB3D?

I need to beat it for my 100%, I keep getting to 9050 then lose.

Ve3tro 021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #2
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ve3tro 021 View Post
I need to beat it for my 100%, I keep getting to 9050 then lose.
Keep Trying? :-/

That;s the only way.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #3
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
It is so boring though.....I freakin hate playing that thing. I worry about 100% just based on that shit game. Why couldn't it have been Tetris? I would have rather played Q-bert too. Anything is better, I have never lost in it. I just quit because I am so bored.
Old 05-16-2008   #4
silkyhorse
Newbie Member

silkyhorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, just keep trying. Try and have fun doing it and you'll get sucked right into it. And by the time you lose you'll have beat the highscore by five times!
silkyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #5
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
I have one tip but u can only get away with it when there isnt so many colours. Basicly try and create vertical rows of each colour. so you end up with say four columns of: red/green/blue/red (or whatever colours you have at the start cant remember) and then if a red and green pair come down put them on top of the first to columns. theyl build up and disapear once you have four. once theres more colours however it becomes more tricky.

hope u can understand that, nt sure I can reading it back.
Old 05-16-2008   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
The way I got it was to concentrate on getting the 2x2 squares which when you get four of you earn a power up. Plus you can save up to three power ups, be sure to use one before getting a fourth though as it would be a waste. The power ups can keep you in the game a bit longer which enabled me get the new top score.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #7
silkyhorse
Newbie Member

silkyhorse is an unknown quantity at this point
What was your scores? Mine was 11300 or something like that!
silkyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #8
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyhorse View Post
What was your scores? Mine was 11300 or something like that!
i think my top score is exactly that lol

took me 2 hours to beat and on my 2nd last try (before i won) i got the EXACT number and that = a FAIL on achivment u gotta BEAT the score ffs. got it in the end 2 hour!!! FUCK
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #9
bank job 9
Newbie Member

bank job 9 is an unknown quantity at this point
try not 2 rush and it will be easier.
bank job 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #10
Badman
One love, rasta
Newbie Member

Badman is an unknown quantity at this point
Took me and my girlfriend 3 hours to do it. High score was a shade over 10K. I got 11K in my last try of the night (must have been game #15, or something.). Keep at it!
Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #11
MyNameIsRamone
Hates play.com

MyNameIsRamone is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you had to beat 10 grand for the achievement... I got 25 grand for my highscore. I could've kept going but I got bored of the game. With the trick, I figured out that I could've played as long as I wanted.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I found it out on my third attempt to getting the achievement and thought I'd share it. If your having a hard time with this mini-game, this should help.

1) Start building bonus' right away as the higher levels bring more color variants.

2) When the piece is horizontal (as opposed to up-and-down) wait till it hits the floor and at that moment press left or right. This will delete the piece you are trying to move and only place the pivotal piece. If you keep your playing space fairly level this will work, it will not work if that piece is hanging over an edge (instead it will continue to fall further down.) Anyways, doing so will only place the color you need and destroy the unwanted one.

3) Starting from the corner/wall, I then would keep 3 adjacent squares to make my boxes (4 squares to form a box) which would give me a bonus when I did that 4 times. Using the remaining space for unwanted pieces and still trying to form whatever and keep it from climbing too high. Once I've saved 3x bonus, I was just laying the pieces down wherever until I made 3 solid lines from the bottom. Then I'd press B (I believe) which would destroy the 3 lowest levels and I'd keep this cycle going. Good luck.

That guys method did it for me, you can literally keep going forever.
MyNameIsRamone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #12
HaM_^
|2OCKSTARRR
Newbie Member

HaM_^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Good tips there Ramone, my high score is 23 thousand then i got bored ^^

Currently Playing: Call of Duty 4
Currently Watching: Ironman
HaM_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I did it on my first try, total playing time was 13 minutes, just focus, as long as you're good at games like Tetris then you should be good at this, it's the same concept, just in Neon 3D.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #14
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Any idea what the power-ups do?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote