Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008   #61
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
I still don't get why we can't just say 'fuck it' to the random shit that happens in the CS. I mean it's hidden to guests anyway.
Old 01-08-2008   #62
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It promoted violence and the internet hate machine, probably why it was closed.

But yeah, 90% of my posts revolved around the crap shack to be honest, posting outside it was a rare thing unless i had something absolutely good to say
Old 01-08-2008   #63
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
I find there is very few information about LCS and VCS, especially VCS...
Old 01-08-2008   #64
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
It was a spamming forum which was being abused.
I don't really get how it was being "abused"..
I mean yeah there were quite a lot of retards going over the top with their threads, etc but just ban them, instead of 'ruining' it for everyone else :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #65
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiM View Post
I find there is very few information about LCS and VCS, especially VCS...
That was because it was the down time for the site, Zidane didn't actually play VCS til last year. Apparently those areas will be filled in by the time V3 launches.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #66
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
That was because it was the down time for the site, Zidane didn't actually play VCS til last year. Apparently those areas will be filled in by the time V3 launches.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-08-2008   #67
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I assure you we will 150% up to date on content for each game in v3. The extra 50% meaning we will have either even more than necessary or we will do a lot of revising and touching upon the content.
Old 01-08-2008   #68
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey I offered to do some VCS stuff ages ago, but was turned down! V3 better be good, and impressive, and bring in a lot of new stuff to the site, without the Crap Shack, this place just seems a little lonely and boring now!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #69
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
No other GTA fan sites have a Crap Shack, and they do pretty well

I really have no idea what the whole CS deal is. I'm gonna see what went on when I talk to Zidane later.
Old 01-08-2008   #70
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
it does seem to have lost some of the atmosphere that the crap shack brought with it and don makes a good point that it was private. I know a lot of bad behavior stemd from there but i don't see why a 1 warn then ban policy couldn't work. There is also an issue of people not appreciating what the staff have done for us, however i believe the majority does appreciate it.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #71
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Post Colours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Colors are staying, blue, red, black/grey have always been GTAGaming colors. The site layout is old, and I've already begun work on a new one, but I assure you it will be much better and easier to navigate.
Having done a little research on this subject, back in the days of Amber or Green only monitors, anything that is truly IMPORTANT should be in a pleasant shade of green, nothing too bright, the one I used here is a shade dark, just a little lighter would be nice, and it will be noticed as well as being easier on the eyes. As for the colours mentioned in the above quote by Slim Trashman, I think are very nice and they way they are used is done well. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Old Timer; 01-27-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #72
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe a scrolling announcements bar at the top of the forum displaying the newest threads that have been created, the last 5 or something.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #73
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I don't find that too necessary as you can just go to the main forum view and see all the new posts there, or you can even subscribe to forums and get announcements on your User CP. I do think that the topmost bar can be used for something, though. As you may notice on the main site I added some text up there to see how it would look, and I think we can use that space for something.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #74
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
It's not a critique as much as it is a suggestion,
I know I haven't been here for a long time, but what about working on a brighter skin? (colors like: white, grey, red..)
And maybe a bigger sized fonts?
What do you guys think?
I don't know what the old skins of the forum looked like.. but it's just a suggestion.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #75
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
This colour scheme is pretty much the one that's been around since the very early days, with the dominating colour somewhat switching from "generation" to "generation". It's without a doubt become the trademark colour scheme of the site, and as long as there aren't a lot of complaints it'd be a waste to change it in my opinion.
If you're using FireFox, you can increase the font size with ctrl and plus, but I think the default font size is good enough for common resolutions like 1024x768 and 1280x1024.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote