Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Multiplayer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008   #1
Mean_Raffa
Newbie Member

Mean_Raffa is an unknown quantity at this point
Zombie characters report in.

I have the zombie,
I do not know how I got it.
But let's try and solve it in this topic..

Some info:
-I own the PS3 PAL version.
-When I'm in the 'player model' screen, it says on the bodem of the screen " L1 ZOMBIE ". So by pressing L1-button my charcter becomes a zombie. When pressing L1 again, my character becomes normal again.
-I cannot put much clothes on the zombie, only hats and glasses.
-There is no female zombie. (or at least not with me)
-Never made it to rank 10.

The weird thing, everytime I start the GTA IV, my online ranking is not saved. So I keep starting at rank 0, (wich sucks) (many PS3 PAL people have this problem.) Still, the zombie skin is always available to me.

Sorry for my crappy English.
Mean_Raffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I just got it then when I became rank 1 in Multiplayer.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
Mean_Raffa
Newbie Member

Are you by any chance also a member of the Rockstar Social Club with the same email you play multiplayer ? If so, did you also became a Social Club member BEFORE the GTA IV releasedate ?
Maybe it's that ? Or maybe not.

There must be something we have in common...

Last edited by Mean_Raffa; 05-06-2008 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-06-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I registered on the social club when I got GTA IV on the 29th.

Zombie skin is just an unlockable. When I unlocked it, I also unlock 4 more different types of clothing.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
same thing has happened to me i have the zombie not sure how the game wont save my level i registered to the social club the day it opened other than that i cant think of any reason i would have it i heard it might be because you killed or have been killed by a rockstar guy anyone with the zombie should post there PS3 tag pasqualy
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6
calumn
fingerless glove

calumn has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Some info:
-I too own the PS3 PAL version. (bought on launch, signed up after 20 minutes of release.

- I can toggle between clothed / zombie characters by pressing the L1 button.
-the zombie model options are very limited to that of a clothed model. hats and sunglasses/shades (maybe more will become available at higher ranks)
- Not sure if the Zombie model is available to the selected few at Rank 0, as I only noticed the 'L1, Zombie' after gaining my first rank.
- Ever since using the Zombie option, the cash i earn through online multiplayer doesnt seem to keep (disappears once I log in from the night before, although this may be thanks to me turning my playstation3 off via the plug socket instead of actually quitting the online play)
- Im at Rank 1.
- I dont like to blow my own horn, but I am one of the better online players. (hidden online achievments maybe)
- I have only ever played Deathmatch and Freeroam game modes.
- I won my first 10 online matches. (sorry, but this might help)
- I havent completed the Storyline.
- Im 50% through.

and thats pretty much everything there is that could affect the option to use the zombie.
I think

- Calumn

PSNID: CalumnJohnston
oh, and everyone I've spoken who has the option to press L1, has a playstation 3.

Last edited by calumn; 05-07-2008 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: missed some information out.
calumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #7
Ve3tro 021
VI ATG

Ve3tro 021 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/articl...iplayer-Zombie

Ve3tro 021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #8
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
My theory is that it has something to do with how long you play the game. that would make sense...i guess.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #9
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by calumn View Post
Some info:
-I too own the PS3 PAL version. (bought on launch, signed up after 20 minutes of release.

- I can toggle between clothed / zombie characters by pressing the L1 button.
-the zombie model options are very limited to that of a clothed model. hats and sunglasses/shades (maybe more will become available at higher ranks)
- Not sure if the Zombie model is available to the selected few at Rank 0, as I only noticed the 'L1, Zombie' after gaining my first rank.
- Ever since using the Zombie option, the cash i earn through online multiplayer doesnt seem to keep (disappears once I log in from the night before, although this may be thanks to me turning my playstation3 off via the plug socket instead of actually quitting the online play)
- Im at Rank 1.
- I dont like to blow my own horn, but I am one of the better online players. (hidden online achievments maybe)
- I have only ever played Deathmatch and Freeroam game modes.
- I won my first 10 online matches. (sorry, but this might help)
- I havent completed the Storyline.
- Im 50% through.

and thats pretty much everything there is that could affect the option to use the zombie.
I think

- Calumn

PSNID: CalumnJohnston
oh, and everyone I've spoken who has the option to press L1, has a playstation 3.

I have it to.. and not to show off but I win every game I play and 99% of the games I do play are deathmatch. Don't think I've came second yet. Maybe it's for a high Kill per death.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #10
Mean_Raffa
Newbie Member

Same here,

My deaths are always very low, and my kills very high.
1st in the deathmatches most of the time.

I also found out by pressing L1 while in online play, you can make zombie sounds, insead of saying 'Hey' as usual.
Old 05-07-2008   #11
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
lol.

You will unluck the zombie model once you reach the 1st rank, This has been confirmed by rockstargames a few days ago, After some mess on it....
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #12
nikothemute
Newbie Member

nikothemute is an unknown quantity at this point
did anybody else notice how once you're a zombie and you enter a motorcycle/motorbike race, you can use a special zombie bike?
nikothemute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #13
M-O-P-E-Y
Newbie Member

M-O-P-E-Y is an unknown quantity at this point
the zombie bike isnt special. btw ive been able to b a zombie for a long time
M-O-P-E-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #14
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I can choose the Zombie model as well, not sure how/when I got it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikothemute View Post
did anybody else notice how once you're a zombie and you enter a motorcycle/motorbike race, you can use a special zombie bike?
One of the bikes in GTA IV is called "Zombie", is this what you mean?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #15
Chigurh

Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a zombie...

Is it true you get it when you win a match with a Rockstar employee?
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote