Old 05-16-2008   #1
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

upstateelehant is an unknown quantity at this point
New Wireless Router :mad2:

We had a basic Wireless G router that two laptops and my 360 are using. I had no issues with G router such as connection, speed, or "interruptions" however, when I was at the store a few days ago they had a WRT150N router on sale. This new router is supposed to give 3x the range over the G and 9x the speed. However whenever I'm playing live, most noticiably with COD4 I get horrible interruptions and with GTA IV I get a really bad lagging I never got before. I got on a live chat with a lynksys agent and he made a few changes, I then called Microsoft and they had me open up two ports, and still same crappy problem. This is really annoying because I'm having issues I thought I would have with a cheaper router, not a better one. The router is WEP encrypted and I have PERFECT signal strength, again the only thing that has changed is the router itself , nothing else.

Not sure if anyone has any tips, hints or advice but if you do please share. Thanks!!

UpstateElehant
upstateelehant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #2
V-Gamer
Toats Migoats.

V-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enough
Bad thing about routers and Xbox Live is that you often get a strict NAT, which can cause lag and alot of connection issues with other players. With strict NAT you can say goodbye to Matchmaking and GTA IV's online. Try testing your XBL connection and seeing what the NAT says, If it says strict I can tell you how to fix that easily. But each time it goes strict you'll have to repeat the process.
Old 05-16-2008   #3
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

V-gamer, my NAT is set to "moderate". I saw something about this when testing my connection and totally forgot to ask the Live agent about it. Thanks for the reminder!!! How easy is it to fix?
Old 05-16-2008   #4
V-Gamer
Toats Migoats.

V-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enough
Really easy, basicly it's done by reseting both routers, the Xbox router and one connected to your modem.
Old 05-16-2008   #5
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

How do I re-set the router on my 360? And by re-setting, is there a button or process? Ive already powered down both the 360 and router and had the same issue?
Old 05-16-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
The 360 doesn't have a router.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #7
V-Gamer
Toats Migoats.

The USB adapter you can get for it or w/e it's called, I personally use the Original Xbox router on my 360 and it works fine.

If you have the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter I would try reseting the modem then attempting to connect to XBL.

If you have the Original Xbox Wireless Adapter then simple press the Reset Button or Turn it off, then attempt to connect to XBL.

If you still have a strict/moderate NAT contact Microsoft, or Bill Gates if you have his number.
Old 05-17-2008   #8
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

I didn't mention I have Billy Boy on speed dial? I'm sure he'll know what to do! Thanks for the help, I believe I've done both of the steps you have mentioned and no luck! I appreciate the info and I'm going to call XBL Tech Support in a few minutes.