Old 05-08-2008   #1
CrimsonBlaze

CrimsonBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds fishy...

... But i'm going to attempt it anyway ... well, my girlfriend is as she's more daring than I am ...

Not entirely gta4 retail related, as im buying it off a friend of mine (he pre-ordered 2 copies of the special edition in order to get it on day of arrival) but is more ps3 related

Apparently a small company is selling ps3 with 5 games and 4 controllers for 200 as a promotion. I had not heard this company before but I was provided a link to the ukdata.com website to verify that it's actually a legit company. But such a small price for a ps3? We could sell the games when weve got them making it an incredibly cheap ps3 (as normally its something like 300 inc one game?). Once payment has gone through they will be shipping via UPS and providing a tracking number (so they can't claim 'it got lost in the post') so with everything being confirmed and tracked it seems real. But still very iffy, which is why I feel the need to post about it.

Will let you know what happened with this once I find out myself.. here's hoping it's true!
CrimsonBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #2
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
a scam!?!? maybe the ps3 is broken in some way? or the games you get are those boring ones that came when the ps3 first came out!!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #3
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
most likely those ps3's are Refurbs.. broken ones that are shipped back and repaired then resold for cheap
Old 05-08-2008   #4
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
probably are refurbished ps3s
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
CrimsonBlaze

ahhhh refurbished ones, that thought never even crossed my mind! thanks guys, thats put my mind at ease a little Just sent payment through and awaiting a response at the mo.

oh, and games are:
1.) PES 2008
2.) Transformers
3.) Need 4 Speed ( Pro )
4.) Call of Duty 4
5.) Fear

and going to pick up my copy of gtaiv soon too
Old 05-10-2008   #6
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
That's good then, even if it is a refurbished PS3. Let us know what happens then mate.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #7
Leeham

Leeham is on a distinguished roadLeeham is on a distinguished road
Refurbished - plus they are probably bought them on wholesale, so they are really making more profit than you'd expect.
Leeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #8
CrimsonBlaze

SCAM!!

After i had sent the payment through money gram. Provided the reference number to them in order for them to get the money. They said that the number was invalid at first, then they said that there was no money in the account. I phoned up moneygram and they said that the money went in (all 200 of it) and was soon taken out by the designated person.
This means that within the space of 3 or so hours, my reference number had been gotten a hold of (very unlikly as the company is the only one I told it to) and knew what to do with it as well as having the same name as the person I was sending it too (Had to put down the persons name im sending it to when sending through moneygram) and had the correct ID with them.
Add those points together and it's quite obvious that they have the money and have no intention of sending the ps3 and are sticking to their allaby that they never got the money.

Have notified the police now though, so I shall see what comes out of this.
Old 05-10-2008   #9
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlaze View Post
SCAM!!

After i had sent the payment through money gram. Provided the reference number to them in order for them to get the money. They said that the number was invalid at first, then they said that there was no money in the account. I phoned up moneygram and they said that the money went in (all 200 of it) and was soon taken out by the designated person.
This means that within the space of 3 or so hours, my reference number had been gotten a hold of (very unlikly as the company is the only one I told it to) and knew what to do with it as well as having the same name as the person I was sending it too (Had to put down the persons name im sending it to when sending through moneygram) and had the correct ID with them.
Add those points together and it's quite obvious that they have the money and have no intention of sending the ps3 and are sticking to their allaby that they never got the money.

Have notified the police now though, so I shall see what comes out of this.
aw u used moneygram that shoulda screamed scam right there
Old 05-11-2008   #10
CrimsonBlaze

I had never heard of moneygram before that day, from what I read up on it it seems safe. I still think it's safe for making payments, it's just the people I was dealing with give it a bad name... since I know perfectly well they got the money, they just claim they don't.

Police was supprosed to of phoned me back today but havent, but hopefully they will actually do something about this as I recorded all chats / emails and managed to get a couple of people's names and an address. Shall see what tomorrow brings. But in the mean time I just bought a refurbished ps3 from play.com, and I know I will definatly get it from them lol
Old 05-11-2008   #11
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
I'm suprised people still fall for these kind of scams. A PS3, 5 games and 4 controllers would legitamitely be around £500.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #12
CrimsonBlaze

Brand new and from a store, yes...
Old 05-11-2008   #13
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea the service itself is safe for sending money but lots of people use things like moneygram and western union because there is no buyer protection like paypal i use paypal when ever i can and i have never been ripped off
Old 05-12-2008   #14
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly^. When they mention something like moneygram or WU, you know it's going to be a scam. You either do it through Paypal, or by card.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote