Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008   #1
SandboxGuy
Newbie Member

SandboxGuy can only hope to improve
Grand theft Auto 5

I have a great idea for the storyline and location for gta V. Has anybody seen the t.v. series "The shield" ?
Why not base the game on that and the main character is a rogue detective with a rogue team behind him. The main character is not a good or bad cop. somewhere in between. The city should be a New rendition of Los Santos. I don't know how to reach the game designers at rockstar so if anybody knows how it would be appreciated if what i said gets to them.
SandboxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
No doubt R* are already working on the next title, but a European country would be a nice change.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #3
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
I'm sure your idea or something similar is already under a big list of consideration that they have at rockstar. Basicly any way they could justify the kind of things you do in gta in the character is a possibility. And an anti hero cop like in the shield could happen, wouldn't bet against it.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #4
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
All GTA's thus far have involved the player as a criminal. Even though a rogue cop could be a possibility, it could ruin tradition and may lose gamers' interest. Good idea, like The Getaway™, but I highly doubt it will develop into anything.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Moved to General Grand Theft Auto. Please keep topics relating to future GTA installments in that forum.

Thanks.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #6
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
I think it's very unlikely that a cop would be the main protagonist of a GTA game, considering all the other games have criminals as the main character.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #7
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
No doubt R* are already working on the next title, but a European country would be a nice change.
I want the next title to stay in America. The way Rockstar portray the culture is hilarious.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #8
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
I don't think R* would copy from that, they would make the story big with twist not just tied with that!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #9
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Rockstar likely isnt working on the next gta right now. Theyve got much on their plate as it is...GTAIV pc version, GTAIV extra content, midnight club...
Old 05-10-2008   #10
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Grand Theft Auto 5? we proberly won't se that untill the next generation.
Because you have got to remember...

GTA 1 ---> GTA London 1961 & 1969 (PS/PC)
GTA 2 (PS/PC)
GTA 3 ---> GTA Vice city, GTA San Andreas ---> GTA Advance, GTA Liberty City stories, GTA Vice City stories. (PS2/Xbox/PC)
GTA 4 ---> GTA (City name), GTA (city name) ect. (PS3/Xbox 360/PC?)
GTA 5... (PS4?/Xbox 720?/PC?...)
So GTA IV in my oppinion will start a whole new cannon of GTA games but for new generation gaming consoles, kind of like GTA 3 did.

So GTA 5 we proberly won't see untill 2015.
Old 05-10-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Would it be too far fetched to assume that the next GTA will take place on the next generation of consoles as GTA IV, as opposed to GTA: <cityname>?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #12
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
It's hard to say. I guess it all depends on when the next gen systems will actually be out. They already have a really good game engine to work with, so it's all about pumping out new assets like they did with Vice City and San Andreas. Vice City only took a year to make, so it would seem likely that a GTAIV sequel would take two and a half or three years.

If they could get a new GTA game out by the end of this console generation, it will be huge given what the install base for each system will be by then. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #13
ozzy_gta

ozzy_gta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
I want the next title to stay in America. The way Rockstar portray the culture is hilarious.
i think they should base the next gta in australia some how i would love to see how they portary the aussie culture. plus it would be cool it see our version of the aussie/american war. (i havent played gta 4 yet, is there any mention of the war thing?)
ozzy_gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #14
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
There is a possibility that #5 could land on these consoles. Developers are still just beginning to find out exactly what can/can't be done, so who knows. I like the Vic Mackey idea. I'm just not sure fans of the series would go with it. With the amount of detail available any city would be cool as long as the story and characters are solid.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #15
smooth
Molotov
Amateur Member

smooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Female protagonist?