Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008   #16
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
There is a few things that get to me.

Cheats

Like no wanted or unlimited health/ammo anymore, I tried out using the cheats once and they were pretty shitty.
I miss the old button codes though, It was quick and easy. I wanna go onto an unstoppable massacre.

Side Missions

When your a vigilante and you go to take out most wanted criminals, If you take out a criminal near a rival cop you get a wanted level. If you have your sirens on, police cars wont move out of the way and you get a wanted level if you smash into them. And the only way to fix your police car is the safehouse parking.

I was glad that there wasn't any fire brigade missions and Ambulance missions. I miss the Taxi missions though.

Other than that , The game is very well done. Can't think of much more wrong with it.
Old 05-08-2008   #17
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Cheats in IV are easier actually, since a "cheat" menu appears in your cell phone from which you can repeat the cheat with a single button.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #18
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
Yea i know but personally i think quickly entering a 2 second button code is a lot easier then having to find a place to take cover standing up and use the phone.

The cheats on consoles and PC were so easy to remember.
Old 05-08-2008   #19
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
IMO when you enter a certain code, it should be linked to a speed dial # on the phone. EG Health would be #1 Armor #2 Weapons tier 1 #3 and so on, so just a simple UP, UP then the number and call.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #20
John Connor

John Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasha View Post
Side Missions

When your a vigilante and you go to take out most wanted criminals, If you take out a criminal near a rival cop you get a wanted level. If you have your sirens on, police cars wont move out of the way and you get a wanted level if you smash into them. And the only way to fix your police car is the safehouse parking.
Oh damn it! I figured they've beefed up the vigilante missions this time around to where you can actually pose as a real police officer and set up roadblocks and such. Too bad....
"I feel it on the inside, twisting and contorting. Memory has shaped me once again. Still feel you on the inside, biting and stinging. Will I ever forget to remember?" - Mudvayne, "Forget to Remember"
John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #21
wictro

wictro is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree that some more variety would be great, but some missions are truly memorable!

imho the cut scenes make 70% of the game.

-wictro

speaking of cheats, i miss the "flying cars" cheat the most :9

it's relaxing to cruise above houses and surf the streets.
wictro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I feel that the radio is slightly quieter than it should be.

Cheats I'd like are:

Slow motion
Riot
All Peds Hate You
All Peds Have Weapons.
Liberty City Survivor: Riot, All Peds Hate You and All Peds Have Waapons. Was a laugh on SA.
Matrix Bullet Time perhaps? Would love to see those cool bullet trails.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #23
wictro

wictro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
I feel that the radio is slightly quieter than it should be.
thats easily fixed by turning effects on low volume, and turning music louder in options.

-wictro
wictro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #24
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like the radio/sfx volumes being much higher than one another is dependent on your speakers, etc. I don't have any problems with the default values.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote