Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
SANDYBASTRD
Newbie Member

SANDYBASTRD is an unknown quantity at this point
Tv not showing whole screen???

hows come when i put my ps3 to 1080 and play GTA4 it cuts off alot of the screen. it cuts off half the map on the bottom left and its had to see my money and what gun im using. all my other games no problem showing the whole screen just this game, driving me nutz cuz i can see shit and i dont want to put it on 480i because the shadows are to dark and cant see shit. i have a samsung tube hdtv. tried messing with inputs and screen sizes cant fix it. is it my tv or just the game cuz all my other games work fine just this one.
SANDYBASTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Try your Ratio button for your TV's resolution. You may have it on Zoom or Stretch or something. It needs to be set to 16:9/4:3/Auto/Letterbox or similar.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #3
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

upstateelehant is an unknown quantity at this point
I was having the same problem. The captions/instructions at the bottom are cut off and part of my phone. I have a RCA 50" tube HDTV, and like the OP said all my other games work fine. I'll try looking for the ratio button, I thought i tried everything though.
upstateelehant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #4
SANDYBASTRD
Newbie Member

I'ved tryied everything with the tv that it lets me. the tv is set to normal, and if i put it to 16:9 i just get black bars on the top and the bottom of the tv doesnt fix it. i was playing on 480i last night and the graphic suck the shadows are squarey and look like shit.
Old 05-08-2008   #5
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
I am using 720p on a 42" screen and I have the same problem. It cuts off about 1/3 of the mini map and all of the current ammo in your current weapon. It is annoying but not show stopping. I keep meaning to switch to 1080i and see if that fixes it but I keep forgetting.
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
You have a 4:3 TV set then. Err what if you change the resolution in your Xbox settings?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #7
SANDYBASTRD
Newbie Member

i dont have ps3 i tried everything. its the game. i pause the game i can see that screen just fine. they should have a patch or something that can fix this shit.
Old 05-08-2008   #8
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Is it only 1080p that causes this? You should set it to 720p if that works fine.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #9
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
I have a 37" Samsung LCD, but it's a 720p, and it works just fine when playing GTA. When I bought my HDMI cable, I went into the PS3 settings and made sure the screen size was at 16:9, as well as on my TV.

So, um.. uh.. try messing with the PS3's display settings? Make sure they match that of your TV's. That's all I did, and I'm not too familiar with this shit either, as I just bought my tv about a week ago. But like I said, everything works fine. After setting the display settings on the PS3 and TV, everything's visible, with all games I own tested as well.

Not sure if that's going to be of any use. Sorry pal.