Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
Soul_Print
Newbie Member

Soul_Print is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Phil's "Trespass" mission trouble, advice?

Well, I searched and found nothing, so here's the problem
& Just in case any of this is a Spoiler*
Highlight to read:

So, I've shot my way through the building and onto the roof with no problem.. but now I'm faced with a ladder that simply refuses to allow me to climb!! Seeing as to how this is the only way to get to "Chubby Charlie" there's not really any second option of going about this, is there??

I've tried both holding and tapping [ ] (on a PS3) to climb but to no avail. I've tried stepping back and realigning my approach Several times.. still nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is climbing in this game really just that much of a pain!? This *glitch of sorts has now completely crippled my mission progress... so any tips would be Greatly appreciated guys!!

I've tried for a solid 20 minutes with this and finally got so frustrated I just hijacked a car and took a drive to the nearby expressway to get an overhead view of the building and a possible shot at him. Which I had a perfect view of, but after emptying an entire magazine of sniper fire, I still had no effect. Perhaps I was just so far away it was pushing the limits of the game?? maybe it was just against the rules of mission completion? Hell if I know.. so I repositioned myself 2 blocks away, from target, on the roof of a car. With only his head visible I took the shot.. it was a clean and visually confirmed hit.

You'd think seeing the pink mist after a shot like that would mean something..

I'm outta ideas here,

(( Love this game though!!! ))
Soul_Print is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #2
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've tried both holding and tapping [ ] (on a PS3) to climb but to no avail.
There's your answer. You press Triangle to climb ladders. Not Square.

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #3
Soul_Print
Newbie Member

Soul_Print is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow... I Completely overlooked that in the manual then! I just saw Climb as [ ] and figured it was just that simple, never even thought that I'd have to mount the dang thing first... SOB

lol

Thanks a ton!!
Soul_Print is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #4
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Thread revived (it was previously deleted). There's no such thing as a stupid question about this game (unless it's "can you steal cars", pah, you get what I mean ), and you might not be the only one who was confused about this. For that reason, try not to delete threads after your questions have been answered.
And don't worry about a topic taking up space either, if there are no replies to it it will just drop to the next pages and make room for new threads.

That said, if you really want this thing gone, feel free to delete it again.

Last edited by ZCAB; 05-08-2008 at 05:32 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #5
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
I myself only figured out that i could even climb ladders until very deep into the game. Shameful i know.
Old 05-08-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Was on Cops & Crooks last night and one guy had to climb the ladder leadin to the chopper. He kept jumping and you could hear everyone screaming "PRESS Y!!!" So you're not the only one.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote