Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008   #16
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboychibi View Post
I lasted 20 minutes in a shootout with the cops on 6 stars for 21 minutes haha.
Contradictory comment is contradictory.
Old 05-06-2008   #17
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
The only thing I would consider a "let down" is that I wanted more of Niko Bellic. By the time the credits rolled, I felt that only a chapter of his story was completed.

I also wish that there was a Baseball Stadium and something making fun of Madison Square Garden. Ideas of mine include the Liberty City Wankyees (Wank Ye, get it? Har har.) where you could just watch a simulated baseball game (or there could be a mission where you have to make a hit on someone watching the game and snipe them from a light post or something...awesome...call me R*).

And at the Madison Square Garden place you could go watch concerts. Love Fist's 20th Anniversary Tour at minimum maybe get some big names (cough...Guns N' Roses...cough).

Besides that, I'm sound as a pound.
Old 05-06-2008   #18
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
There are police search lights on the copter but they dont use em often.
Old 05-06-2008   #19
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by california6066 View Post
the only thing im disapointed in is the lack of country side although it is based on NY so i was expecting it
Thats like saying you're disapointed of SA because there was no Blizzards. ;<

Really though, an army in IV would be death to the player. getting sneaked attacked by a cop with a shotgun is bad enough as it is, not to mention NOOSE. I would have liked to see a tank, but its not needed. They decided to go another direction with IV instead of the same as the others. And they succeeded in it.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #20
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
There aint even mavericks, Except the tour ones, Well.. I haven't seen one..

Police helicopter, Aint there either.
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #21
Q3ark
Newbie Member

Q3ark is an unknown quantity at this point
No disapointments for me at all. Taking it slowly doing the side missions (love getting drunk with Little Jakob) only up to the Playboy X missions.

The police definatley use those chopper search lights, it's not fun to get lit up by one of those. I'm actually scared of the police in IV far more effective than anything fron SA. Don't miss the army tbh thay're not needed.
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #22
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
im dissapointed in 3 things...

1) you have to drive in and out of pay and spray to get a color you want... they should just add a menu

2) Lack of interiors... i mean they have all these great looking stores and when you walk up to them they have this 2D "sticker" of the interior, and it looks horrible. It looks like PS2!

3) All the stuff they showed in the videos, got me hyped for, and than suddenly cut from the game (climbing telephone poles, hanging from helicopter landing gear & trucks, etc...)

all besides that id give it a 9.5 but that would ^^ make it a 10

Last edited by Jacobs Supplier; 05-06-2008 at 08:38 PM..
Jacobs Supplier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #23
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
The ONLY thing that bothers me is that you can't really sit on top of a tall building and snipe people because it seems that that game doesn't draw traffic and peds from a far distance any more. No big deal, though. I don't miss the Army though...

Before I had the 3rd city unlocked, i decided to fly a helicopter over the river and steal the parked Sultan RS and somehow bring it back to the 2nd island and keep it. Of course, breaking that border warrants an immediate 6 star wanted level. I landed the chopper, got in the car, and found a ramp to jump back over the river. Took me several tries to get it...then I finally made the jump, but the car blew up. Luckily, like in other GTAs, when you get in a rare car, you'll most likely see a few on the road, so after I died, I found one driving down the road and began enjoying the sweet sound of a turbo . Point is - no need for the army. There is no way in hell I would've gotten away without dying.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #24
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
My biggest disappointment is the street bikes... jesus, they handle like shit.. the choppers and "harley's" feel good but what the hell did they do to the NRG900. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the way the cars handle, but the street bikes cant even take a turn with out drifting...

That and I hate how cops seem to always know your get a way route once you get like 3 stars.. Specially hate it when im ditching them in alleys and then theres no cops in sight, and BAM 12 of them spawn right in front of me..
Old 05-06-2008   #25
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
My biggest disappointment is the street bikes... jesus, they handle like shit.. the choppers and "harley's" feel good but what the hell did they do to the NRG900. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the way the cars handle, but the street bikes cant even take a turn with out drifting...

That and I hate how cops seem to always know your get a way route once you get like 3 stars.. Specially hate it when im ditching them in alleys and then theres no cops in sight, and BAM 12 of them spawn right in front of me..
Yeah i feel ya on the bikes. In real life if your bike started to drift sideways, it would catch itself and flip the other way, or if it was severe enough, the bike would lay down.
Old 05-07-2008   #26
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
the trick is with the 900 is not to floor the accelarator... i noticed what you were saying, and that helped alot.
Old 05-07-2008   #27
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Look at it this, for that ONE little detail you miss, look at the hundreds of more little details that are now in, such as rain trails coming off your wheels when driving in the rain, or Nikos warm breath appearing under street lights on cold days.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #28
Jeremy 360 NL

Jeremy 360 NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboychibi View Post
I lasted 20 minutes in a shootout with the cops on 6 stars for 21 minutes haha.
me too, just run into your house lol :p
Rockstar Social Club Member #54131
Jeremy 360 NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #29
Jeremy 360 NL

Jeremy 360 NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Look at it this, for that ONE little detail you miss, look at the hundreds of more little details that are now in, such as rain trails coming off your wheels when driving in the rain, or Nikos warm breath appearing under street lights on cold days.
agree, I guess people just always need to complain a little.
Rockstar Social Club Member #54131
Jeremy 360 NL is offline   Reply With Quote