Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
So, is GTA IV this giant leap from SA?

Rockstar announced a long time ago that IV would be as much an improvement over SA as III was over 2. I've been sceptical about that from the beginning, since III was a huge leap. As a diehard PC gamer I haven't played IV yet, but this is what I've been wondering: is it true or was it just commercial talk?
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I think GTA IV was a massive leap and shows exactly what the PS3 and Xbox 360 are capable of.

It's hard to explain in words on how much GTA has improved since San Andreas. All I can say is they pulled it off perfectly and I couldn't be more satisfied.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #3
gtanewbie
Newbie Member

gtanewbie can only hope to improve
the peds are alot more challenging

in mission the ai is hell of smart even better then some shooters game

enemies take cover and actually hide and take opposite paths then one would expect them
gtanewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #4
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
It really depends on who's playing. If someone thought San Andreas was the ultimate GTA, then it's probably not a leap forward to him, but I think that the slightly more realistic direction in IV was the way to go.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #5
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
There isnt much thats new, its just that every detail has been refined. They have gone back and improved on basically everything.

To me it seems like technology has finally caught up to R*'s idea. They had the idea with the original GTA but couldnt do much with the tech, then they moved to 3D which was a huge step towards their goal, but by SA the tech couldnt keep up. Now they have the technology to do what they want.
Old 05-07-2008   #6
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like everyone else above is saying its the most true to dan& sam housers dream so far.

i get the feeling that all those years ago when dan & sam started creating the idea for what would become gta this game is as close to there dream as were gonna get if that makes sense.

On a personal note im glad they brought it back down to earth because the whole area 51 alien globes and jetpacks tainted SA for me. For the first time in a GTA you actually care about the people who you meet and the choices that you make. Without posting a spoiler there is a certain decsion you make near the end of the game that i just couldnt make up my mind i had to actually pause the game and have a good old think i mean thats just amazing.
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #7
The Laugh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

The Laugh is on a distinguished roadThe Laugh is on a distinguished road
It's pretty hard to make noticeable changes to a game where you steal cars, drive them, and kill people. If you don't just blitz through it and go on constant rampages, then you will notice the difference. Take your time a little. Appreciate the things around you. Treat it like it's Shenmue.