Old 05-07-2008   #1
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
PS3 Patch Coming Today?

According to EuroGamer, yes:

Quote:
Rockstar and Sony plans to patch the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV today to improve the multiplayer experience.

Speaking to Eurogamer, a Sony source explained that the patch would help by "reducing the loads on the servers at GameSpy and hopefully the completely random hangs that some users have seen".

PS3 owners who bought GTA IV last week have had to endure problems connecting to the multiplayer service almost from day one.

What's more, some reported random crashes, for which Rockstar suggested that erasing game data and reinstalling as a possible solution.
I don't think it's entirely needed now as it was a few days ago. I've been playing just fine the last couple of days but I guess if it prevents future problems then what the hell.
Old 05-07-2008   #2
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
Well even though it's playing fine for you, it will atleast mean that it will continue to play fine. (Hopefully)

As for mine I can barely play, things just jump around all over and glitch.
Old 05-07-2008   #3
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Mine was only messing up the first two days, but ever since it's been completely fine. Still wouldn't hurt to have. Maybe it'd help with the Social Club speeding up too.
Old 05-07-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good, I hope they also include a fix so players don't lose their rank as well.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #5
RudiRulez

RudiRulez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I agree with iKlipse, i played online for like 4 hours straight and got to lvl 4 turned the console off so i could eat and stuff when i come back i was back to lvl 1, so damn peed off.
But luckily becuase i changed my cloths before i got put down 3 lvl's i can still use the ones i was wearing that are higher lvl cloths,woot.

Anyone know if its going to be realesed worldwide or what time its out.
Old 05-07-2008   #6
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Man, R* works fast. I'm still waiting for a patch for the PS3 version of the Orange Box.