Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008   #1
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
holy crap does this game cheat (spoilers)

I am so sick of the scripted missions where the car you're chasing is invincible until a certain point.

the worst is the mission where its you and Phil Bell towards the end of the game and you're chasing a truck with another truck. theres a part where the truck crashes into something that can block you, so i tried to drive past that part...but since the car cant be messed with, it slammed against me and sent me flying and i was flipped upside down and had to do the mission over...and its one of the most boring missions ive ever seen in my life, since all you do is fight 8,000 people who stand behind cover, and since the collision detection on bullets rarely works, it takes forever to kill any of them.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
hmmm, never had a problem.. Take your time 90 percent of the chases in the game, you can destroy their car and have to wait till they get to a certain spot. So take your time and hang back..

As for the shooting.. Learn to aim.. One shot from my M4 to the head drops everyone i aim at.. Dont blame the game for your mistakes..
Old 05-06-2008   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I've tried a gunfight and the accuracy is pretty good. Which means you suck bigtime at proper aiming.
Old 05-06-2008   #4
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I love the title of this topic because yes, it really does feel like the game is cheating and that makes me mad !
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
IDk i have yet to experience this... maybe its your driving or the car you are using but i always spot the car just going into a turn... Ive been playing Gran turismo since 1996, and Forza 1&2 so im already used to the realistic driving.

oh and Neil, LOL at your avatar, that episode was hilarious. Best show on tv!
Old 05-06-2008   #6
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Neil, As I'm African American and I feel that your avatar was kindly of insulting to me.

4/20: Honor the Mary Jane.

4/29: the day that Masterpiece GTA IV came out.
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #7
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
whoa, did anyone actually read what i said?

i didnt say i couldnt drive. i said certain vehicles are invincible and if you hit them it will send you flying.

you cant shoot out the tires of cars involved in most missions.

you know the mission where you're following the 2 bikers in the subway? notice how you cant kill them until the end? they're invincible...thats how rockstar makes you watch all the scripted events.

how can i suck when the game has autoaim? give me a break...sometimes bullets do no damage. everyone knows this
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
M-O-P-E-Y
Newbie Member

M-O-P-E-Y is an unknown quantity at this point
ur dumb. bullets always do damage. but if i u just unload on someone its not very accurate. my only complaint is that the target lock is almost to effective, its so easy to hide behind cover, lock on and score an easy headshot on evryone
M-O-P-E-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #9
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
can't you guys talk about the game without throwing insults at each other?

this game, like all aspects of life, will give your problems if you fight against it. if you work with it, it is really easy and tons of fun. like they said in a cutscene "you can change the game, but you can't change the rules." resisting the system will give you a headache if you choose to play it that way.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #10
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I killed the first of the 2 bikers within seconds. The old guy, however, seemed immortal right up until I left the subway system completely and got a got 2 miles up the road. And believe me, I absolutely peppered him all the way through the tunnels.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #11
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
the subway chase mission for playboy, if u noticed, the subway would speed up if ur chasing it too fast or slow down when ur not keeping up
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #12
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy J View Post
Hey Neil, As I'm African American and I feel that your avatar was kindly of insulting to me.
so am i... but you gotta see the show, it was a funny mistake on diversity day in the office...

Oh and to "unfungames" i thought when you said invisible you meant you are chasing the red dot on the map but you never see the car.. my mistake!

Last edited by Jacobs Supplier; 05-06-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Jacobs Supplier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #13
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, Never had trouble on that though..

Guess you're unlucky. :[
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote