Old 04-30-2008   #1
AUAnonymous
The Genovese Family Hitman
Amateur Member

AUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished road
Unlocking new Islands

Does anyone know at what percent each new area is unlocked?

Xbox 360 Gamertag: AUAnonymous
Hahahah, mai roflcopter, it goas soi soi soi soi soi so
AUAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #2
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
Dont know about the last one cos im not there yet but algonquin was 25 percent.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #3
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I don't know what percent, but it took me around six hours to unlock Algonquin. You need to call Elizabeta and do her second mission to unlock it.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #4
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant wait till i unlock new islands.
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #5
basic865
Newbie Member

basic865 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't know what percent, but it took me around six hours to unlock Algonquin. You need to call Elizabeta and do her second mission to unlock it.
Yeah I'm not sure exactly which percent it is either, but after that mission for Elizabeta,

The one where Playboy and you take those guys out

You should have the second one unlocked

basic865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #6
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
You unlock the last island at around the 50-55 mission mark. (Total number of missions...not %)

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #7
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Depends on the order. I unlocked the 3rd island yesterday after about 35 missions. Everytime I open a new contact I begin doing their missions instead of finishing currently open ones. If you went in order it would be about 50 missions. I couldnt wait that long, i'd rather unlock all islands and then take my time doing and enjoying the missions. And I must say the 3rd island is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJuankPilot View Post
Depends on the order. I unlocked the 3rd island yesterday after about 35 missions. Everytime I open a new contact I begin doing their missions instead of finishing currently open ones. If you went in order it would be about 50 missions. I couldnt wait that long, i'd rather unlock all islands and then take my time doing and enjoying the missions. And I must say the 3rd island is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Liberty City is rather huge, I'd rather take my time to know every corner and street of Bohan, Dukes and Industrial and enjoy the missions, then after that quickly rush to 100% after the story is done. Besides, can't you just go to Multiplayer Free Roam to explore Algonquin?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
yea you can. ive seen most of the city in multiplayer.
Old 05-01-2008   #10
ktr

ktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished road
Its around 20% ish, about 1/3 into the story.
ktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #11
Mark R
Mark R :)
Newbie Member

Mark R is an unknown quantity at this point
whos line off missions gets u to the 3rd island? or wat mission gets u there

cheers for help

For Live Dj Mixes
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #12
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
whos line off missions gets u to the 3rd island? or wat mission gets u there
cheers for help
Here's the mission that I unlocked the 3rd island on:
I unlocked the 3rd island after the big bank job mission "Three Leaf Clover" for Patrick. Although it may be different depending on how many other missions for other people you've beaten.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #13
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I just unlocked Alderney after 14 and a half hours play and 36% or thereabouts completion.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #14
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Peace of advice: DO THE FUCKING MISSIONS: Sorry but this stupid ass question keeps just turning up and turning up. You can't have a definitive percentage cause people might have done side missions like vigilante or whatever. It's like some people never played a gta game before and dont know how the fucking system works. Do the main missions and aber some time you will unlock all the islands. Simple as that.