Old 04-30-2008   #1
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
PS3 Random Skips and Freezing

I bought GTA IV yesterday and played it for a good 3 hours, however during the Intro cutscene it continously 'lags' and freezes. After the intro was over, i did 4 missions and started to freeroam. The problem is that my screen would freeze for 1-10 secs at random times, WTF? Its really annoying!
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #2
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Mines done that about three times. Not too big of a problem, but slightly annoying.
Old 04-30-2008   #3
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienm View Post
Mines done that about three times. Not too big of a problem, but slightly annoying.
Ditto.

My PS3 has froze about 3 times playing the game, im nearly at the end too.. so it's not related to the cut secnes problems already known about.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
Elecbullet
Ubernewbie

Elecbullet is on a distinguished roadElecbullet is on a distinguished roadElecbullet is on a distinguished roadElecbullet is on a distinguished road
I unplugged my Ethernet cable. It stopped. Try that.
Old 04-30-2008   #5
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine has never done that, Although i have had some Framerate problems... only twice though.
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I get nothing but smooth game play, the only frame rate problems I get is traveling between islands and they are hardly noticeable.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #7
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elecbullet View Post
I unplugged my Ethernet cable. It stopped. Try that.
QFT. my game locked up twice. i then disabled the internet connection (wireless connection) and havent had any freezes in about 5 hours total.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #8
bookmarkmaster
Newbie Member

bookmarkmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 Random Skips and Freezing

hi all,
i recently updated to version 1.0 rc3 from 0.9.9.4 for streaming content to my ps3 with the latest firmware. after the update i noticed videos that previously worked fine now experience periodic freezing. videos that do not need to be transcoded are pausing for up to 15 sec then resuming from where they left off.
to ensure that there are no faults in the video i converted them to divx 6.8.3 files. the puases seem to follow no pattern, if a pause occurs and i rewind to before the pause to play through it again, it does not pause.
my network is set up as my computer is on wireless to a router which is then cabaled to the ps3, i have tested the bandwidth available and it is close to 6.5Mb inc audio, when the videos pause i am nowhere near this limit as looking at the information displayed on the ps3 says it is closer to 1Mb or less inc audio. the problem never occured on the older version, so this also helps to shift the problem away from my network setup.
reading through the forum has shown that there are several other people with the problem, is it just the sony people, or are all devices experiencing this issue?