Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008   #16
ktr

ktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
all you people keep saying its confirmed to just be mission packs? but no1 has solid proof of this
if you guys have a confirmed source stating it please share rather than just saying that its been confirmed
cause the IGN interview doesn't necessarily say that it wont be new landmass
Here you go...

Quote:
"I think the mission packs with the episodes [DLC] are going to be pretty deep, offering another full-on adventure in this world [Liberty City].
source: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=4

Lazlow on O&A said that the DLC are in the form of mission packs, which will include new missions, new characters, and new comedy.

source: April 18th show.
ktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #17
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry that is not confirmation. That is a single person speaking on the record about unofficial things. Until there is an official announcement that Rockstar lawyers signed off on there is no conformation of what those DLC packs will contain.
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #18
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterjts View Post
That is a single person speaking on the record about unofficial things.
I think you need to unpack that statement a little more. For example, what is an unofficial thing?

By golly, I think what's happening is that folks are going to feel a little hard done by if the DLC isn't a brand new city (nevermind the fact that it would take a bit more than four months to develop) and is 'just' a brand new story. I'm guessing these are the same types that have complained about the 'graphics' and 'omissions'. Some people are never satisfied.
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #19
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
i actually just hope they could make it snow, that'd be so crazy. I've always wanted GTA in teh snow.
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #20
kitch31
lKitchl

kitch31 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea but actualy having cities as dlc just imagin the size of the file take gta iv the game file is around 7 - 8GB another additonal city will be 2-3 or somthing like which is obviously downloadable but will cost alot of microsoft points, alot of people dont av hdd, so rockstar would make what they put into it, that why mission guna cars r more likely
Old 04-28-2008   #21
nYgel

i'd say itd have to be alot of cars and a very detailed storyline, 50 mil is half the price of making GTA4. M$ have said that it will be huge, that the DLC should be the vice city to gta3 (thats where the rumor started i bet, but it just means its almost a whole nother game)
Old 04-28-2008   #22
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Them, The game didn't even release yet and they're talking about a possible new map?

Hahaha, them again!
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #23
nYgel

yeah, i'd be pissed too if they were already looking at new things to enhance it.
Old 04-28-2008   #24
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
the DLC is going to have things like new missions, vehicles, weapons, and maybe some locations, but i really doubt theyll be doing a whole new city. thatd be a whole other game.

they should, however, add new areas such as staten island, or kings, or expand bohan or something. if they go really far with the DLC, maybe a trip up to westchester (and my house) is in order.
Old 04-28-2008   #25
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYgel View Post
i'd say itd have to be alot of cars and a very detailed storyline, 50 mil is half the price of making GTA4. M$ have said that it will be huge, that the DLC should be the vice city to gta3 (thats where the rumor started i bet, but it just means its almost a whole nother game)
$50 million purchased exclusivity; it isn't the budget of the DLC. $50 million was a price designated by Rockstar that factored in potential expenses and lost revenue: exclusivity and the fact that it must be downloaded to an HDD cuts out a large part of the install base.
Old 04-28-2008   #26
nYgel

who doesnt have a HDD? did they have a lobotomy prior to purchase?
Old 04-28-2008   #27
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYgel View Post
who doesnt have a HDD? did they have a lobotomy prior to purchase?
A lot of 360 users apparently. Enough so that Sam Houser listed it as a problem for the next installment of GTA on the nextgen consoles.
Old 04-28-2008   #28
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesmccoy View Post
I think you need to unpack that statement a little more. For example, what is an unofficial thing?
An interview is not an official statement. It is only considered hearsay even if the person being interviewed is the creator or lead of the project. An official statement is one that is released by Rockstar and aproved by their legal team outlining to a T exactly what the content will be. Up until that point it could be anything. Considering how tightly they keep information on their game before release why would they released such information like that this early?

He just put that answer there to keep the peace IMHO. They probably have something more special in mind that a little bit of story considering how far out of the way they went to emphasize that the DLC will be worth every penny. Is it going to be a new city? Probably not but it isnt out of the question either. All of the texture and sound is already on the dvd so they only need the geometry and details which would not take up that much space. I doubt they have the time or man power for that though at the moment.

I dont care either way what the DLC is. I am just saying that nothing is definative and nothing has been confirmed either way.
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #29
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

I knew what you ment - I just enjoyed the ambiguity.

I feel compelled to restate this: I'm amazed that some folks would be disappointed with the DLC if it weren't a brand new city.

And also this: Considering no one has any idea what the price of the DLC will be, how can anyone make any kind of comment on it 'being worth every penny'?

I suppose my point of departure starts when people start inventing facts about the deal that Microsoft has with Rockstar based upon an advertisement disguised as a preview that was released a few weeks ago. I mean, if it were going to be a 'new city', why on earth would you have IGN, the Houser brothers and a host of other reputable employees of Rockstar saying otherwise? To keep the peace? What peace? What is peace when we're talking about videogames?