Old 04-27-2008   #16
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
It was from the IGN Review

"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."
zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #17
Tillbe
Newbie Member

Tillbe is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN did a head to head comparison of the two versions which you can watch here just scroll down the page a little
although i think during the section where they are driving across the bridge the weather in the xbox version turns cloudy and foggy and its a little misleading making it seem like the draw distance isnt nearly as good in the xbox version when in fact its simply the weather
Tillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #18
vveaponx
Newbie Member

vveaponx is on a distinguished roadvveaponx is on a distinguished road
The more and more I hear the more it seems all of these statements are subjective and contradict each other. 22 hours as of this post we all make our own opinions...and frankly I think most aren't gonna give a damn about any of this crap.
vveaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #19
Telk

Telk is an unknown quantity at this point
same game but DLC = win. good long post, you put thought into it.
Telk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #20
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Good find Rudi. I bet the OP got flamed big time for being objective and not just slating the 360. Having said that though his final paragraphs kinda contradict his findings as he still chooses between the 2 versions. I guess though he had to choose the PS3 because he would've been slaughtered otherwise.
TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #21
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I missed that, strangely. You're right though, he did really contradict himself.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #22
Kriptakanakuh
This S*** right here???
Newbie Member

Kriptakanakuh is an unknown quantity at this point
XBL and DLC.

Not to much to argue about.
Kriptakanakuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #23
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
"Frame Rate
The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic, but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip."

Thats Biased! Im 100% sure that it said The Ps3 Has better frame rate! im not basing this of fanboyism BUT im still 100% sure they said ps3's frame rate is bettet.
*Looks at sig*

You're an idiot.
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #24
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
this is a horrible thread
you can tell from the title that its the start of a console war
owned_by_gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #25
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalBastard View Post
*Looks at sig*

You're an idiot.
whats with u and looking @ pple's sig

Edit: nvmd
randomhero, did u check ur sig or ur avater before u claim to say that was "biased'?

Last edited by rean2; 04-28-2008 at 03:30 PM..
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #26
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
Dipshits, Just because i have a ps3 avatar and sig, doesnt mean Im basing everything i say on fanboyism.... some people... on here LOL
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #27
-SPIKE-

-SPIKE- is an unknown quantity at this point
whats funny is that the 360 can handle more polygons (pretty much the basis of frame rate) Xbox = 500,000,000 polygons while ps3 can only handle 275,000,000

http://www.ps3vault.com/sony-ps3-275...500000000-2382

but none the less , you cant believe everything you read.

Last edited by -SPIKE-; 04-28-2008 at 03:53 PM..
-SPIKE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #28
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Well, are you people here complaining about which console is better than the other instead of enjoying the game? Because right now i can say that the pointless bickering won't change a damn thing in the end.

So enjoy what you have and what you choose in the first place.
Old 04-28-2008   #29
luke_elliott
Newbie Member

luke_elliott is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this is a bit random... But looking at randomhero's signature, the pic of the PS3...

I don't think that 2008 is gonna be the year of the PS3... I reckon that 2009 or 2010 will be the year of the PS3... once the xbox is dead and gone...

It's gonna happen... hate to say it.... but PS3 is the future!
luke_elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #30
USCGGUNNER15
Stunt Driver/ Car Broker
Newbie Member

USCGGUNNER15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
"Frame Rate
The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic, but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip."

Thats Biased! Im 100% sure that it said The Ps3 Has better frame rate! im not basing this of fanboyism BUT im still 100% sure they said ps3's frame rate is bettet.
what ever you say mr fan boy with ur PS3 siggy
USCGGUNNER15 is offline   Reply With Quote