Old 04-27-2008   #16
inzanee
Newbie Member

inzanee is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kama View Post
well i dont have wireless internet but i have cable internet so if i plug in my eithernet cable in the back of the ps3 will this get me online???? i need to know cause i cant wait for multiplayer gta4 please let me know thanks guys.
That's the only way to play online if you dont have a wireless connection. Pretty much the same thing like any other machine that can connect to the internet with out a wireless connection..
inzanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #17
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by treab View Post
i never had to put any credit card info into mine...
well it wasn't required, so u might have skipped it
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #18
mcsherry08
gangsta!!!!!!!
Newbie Member

mcsherry08 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hav an 360 and am saving up for a ps3 jus wanted to know what the online play is like compared to live. livei s pretty cool so i jus wanted to what psn is like?
mcsherry08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #19
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsherry08 View Post
i hav an 360 and am saving up for a ps3 jus wanted to know what the online play is like compared to live. livei s pretty cool so i jus wanted to what psn is like?
its pretty straight forward, u can chat, use mics, have voice conversations, IM/Create messages, video chat etc...

U can add friends from the Recent players meet list
I never played the xbox360 version so i don't know the features on the Xbox live compared to PSN
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #20
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Basically the same as LIVE

but not so many people have mics, if it's a good thing or not i'll leave you to decide
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #21
mcsherry08
gangsta!!!!!!!
Newbie Member

mcsherry08 is an unknown quantity at this point
it has bluetooth dosent it so wud u be able to use a mobile phone head set?
mcsherry08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #22
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, you most likely can
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #23
kama

kama is on a distinguished roadkama is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rean2 View Post
the ps3 should have its own ethernet cable inside its box so u don't have to use ur computer's ethernet (in the 80gb bundle)
U also need to sign up for PSN to play online, (don't worry its free) but u still need to have parent info and address and credit card (just incase u wanna buy something off of the playstation store)
ok let me ask you one thing were do i go to sign up for psn does it do this when i go online with the ps3 or is it a website i need to go to first?? also when i go to play gta4 when i insert the game and load it up will there just be a option to play multiplayer?? dont really know how the ps3 works at all just bought it today.

also somebody made a comment why would i buy ps3 when i could have bought a cheaper system meaning xbox i take it and my answer to that is i did my research and i dont think i want rrod
kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #24
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
You'll find out as you go along.

Just go to the "Sign up for PSN" option, and take it from there. Multiplayer will be an option IN the game. There's nothing hard to understand about the PS3; it's just as easy to use as any other game console.

...unless you're a 40-year old soccer mom.

And my 60GB PS3 at Nov launch came with an ethernet cable.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #25
treab

treab is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rean2 View Post
well it wasn't required, so u might have skipped it
ahh that kinda sounds familiar... i think i was too worried about id theft... (had just done a course on it lol)
treab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #26
treab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kama View Post
ok let me ask you one thing were do i go to sign up for psn does it do this when i go online with the ps3 or is it a website i need to go to first?? also when i go to play gta4 when i insert the game and load it up will there just be a option to play multiplayer?? dont really know how the ps3 works at all just bought it today.

also somebody made a comment why would i buy ps3 when i could have bought a cheaper system meaning xbox i take it and my answer to that is i did my research and i dont think i want rrod
trust me mate the moment its plugged in it leads you through how to sign up... found it easy as pie...
Old 04-27-2008   #27
kama

kama is on a distinguished roadkama is on a distinguished road
well thanks again for the speedy responce guys dam this website kicks ass for Q & A
kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #28
treab

welcolm come again psn treab hope to see you on gta iv
Old 04-28-2008   #29
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
Yeah, just plug in the cable, make a PSN id. And as for the mics, since the PS3 has bluetooth, you can connect basically any mobile phone mic, thats what my friends and I do, and its perfect! Or you can connect a USB mic into one of the USB ports.
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote