Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008   #1
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Your thoughts on early releases

Hello people.

I made this thread so we can discuss your thoughts and opinions on early releases..

Before last week, i was looking forward to getting my hands on GTA IV, the best game ever made, so much to do.. what to do first kind of thing.

Now im not looking forward to getting GTA IV for any of them reasons.. im looking forward to getting GTA IV for justice. I hope some people will agree with what im saying.

Right now, their are A LOT of people playing GTA IV, of course i would like to join them.. in a way.. and in some ways i wouldn't want to join them, their first time experience is ruined, they cant do the story, because it doesn't count in the social club, or anything like that.

But this whole.. people discussing where they got theirs from.. and what its like is annoying because this all started days before it was supposed to come out.

The anger really settled in today, when i found out one my local game shops (not the one i preorderd from thank god) had already sold out of GTA IV, because they've been selling it early.

And now people on my msn list, who dont appreciate GTA as much as we do, who haven't followed GTA IV, for the last year, bought it because they know OF GTA.. and they are playing it now. When we who deserve it, have to wait.

Another thing, my copy of GTA IV isnt even secure, i pre ordered it from a local game shop, and because they didn't put my name down on the list, they are saying they will refuse to sell it to me... So of course im still going to the mid night launch, and not leaving the store without it.

Your thoughts and experiences?
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #2
keshman87
Newbie Member

keshman87 is an unknown quantity at this point
to be honest everyone has equal right to get this game, how much you appreciate a game doesnt mean you deserve it more. So fair game to your friends who manage to get a copy early

as long as they didnt steal the dam thing, whats the problem really
keshman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #3
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I completely agree with you. When you've been waiting for a game for over a year, you'll get annoyed by things like this happening also.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #4
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshman87 View Post
to be honest everyone has equal right to get this game, how much you appreciate a game doesnt mean you deserve it more. So fair game to your friends who manage to get a copy early

as long as they didnt steal the dam thing, whats the problem really
I do understand you.. everyone can buy the game no matter what.

But it's like kicking you when your down.. The game is leaked early, you've been waiting for it for a year, then people who couldn't really care less, get the game just for the fun of it, and me my self, hasn't got a copy secured on the 29th...
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #5
keshman87
Newbie Member

keshman87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJordanJames View Post
I do understand you.. everyone can buy the game no matter what.

But it's like kicking you when your down.. The game is leaked early, you've been waiting for it for a year, then people who couldn't really care less, get the game just for the fun of it, and me my self, hasn't got a copy secured on the 29th...

yeh it does suck, life is never fair.

but at least cause youve waited the game will be even better
keshman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #6
Higgs
Newbie Member

Higgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshman87 View Post
yeh it does suck, life is never fair.

but at least cause youve waited the game will be even better
This. ^

Basically, think of all the hype inside you for this game right now.
Then imagine tuesday, all the waiting is over and you can FINALLY play this amazing game. Oh yes.

Getting it earlier will take away some of reward for having waited.

As the old saying goes, "good things come to those who wait" (and in this case, the bastards that get it illegaly/early).
Basically, what I'm trying to say is wait a bit more and it will be all the more better.
Higgs is offline   Reply With Quote