Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008   #1
Raziel 665
Newbie Member

Raziel 665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bonus merchandise for pre-orders or early customers?

Right, so I've heard about a few shops/sites giving out between 500 and 1000 MS points to people who either pre-order it or are the first ## of customers in the store. But my local gameshop is offerering something I haven't seen before:

The first 500 customers either get a plate like this, OR, 500 MS points. Haven't seen these before. Are there other shops that are giving these out?

Also, for those interested where to get one, its at The Gameshop, located in The Hague, in the Netherlands.

Obviously I'll take the plate over the 500 MS points, as I could just buy those later. The plate is something to collect.
Raziel 665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #2
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats pretty cool. I'd love to have that plate. Tomorrow, I'm just going to ready some snacks and drinks. Then after I wake up on monday morning adn get ready, I'm going straight to the store and I'm going to camp out in line all day until midnight. I'm going to be soo pwned if I get there and theres already people there. I want to be first in line hella.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #3
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
that's cool, i doubt Play.com will do anything like that, they are very, you pay us we send, end of transaction. i've been a customer of thiers for years, not once have i ever got a "Hey, you're a dedicated customer, here have a £5 voucher" or something.

You're lucky, i would like a nice GTA Collectors Item...
Old 04-26-2008   #4
mogaar

mogaar is an unknown quantity at this point
I think amazon.com (not sure about amazon.co.uk) are sending those out as well...
mogaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #5
homielowe
Newbie Member

homielowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Some of the first people at Future Shop ( Best buy is parent company ) will get free foam baseball caps with a "IV" etc on them, preference goes to people who have a pre-order though.
homielowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #6
Sheep Shagger
Newbie Member

Sheep Shagger is on a distinguished roadSheep Shagger is on a distinguished road
My EB Games is giving out some gamer pics and a poster.
Old 04-26-2008   #7
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
My GameStop called me earlier and told me to be there by 6pm on Monday, so I'm curious of what for.
Old 04-26-2008   #8
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Hmm..
I pre-ordered and got a 'Christmas pack' containing a flEEca credit card with $10 value, a handful of postcards, a DVD with GTAIV stuff and some stickers.

I was one of the first so-so many to pre-order, so I got a poster, some extra stickers, a promotional box and this GTAIV Lanyard with (I think it's self-printed) a tag saying 'I pre-ordered GTAIV first and all I got was this lousy lanyard'.. lawl, sounds a bit familiar.

I went by to pick up the Strategy Guide yesterday - Yeah, maybe it's illegal to sell it; but I don't care - and I'll be getting my game on Tuesday. Special Edition of course.

I guess every spot has it's own collectibles.

Quote:
Also, for those interested where to get one, its at The Gameshop, located in The Hague, in the Netherlands.
Oh dude, really?
Rip one for me, I'll pay you for it.
The Hague is not that far from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienm View Post
My GameStop called me earlier and told me to be there by 6pm on Monday, so I'm curious of what for.
You're probably gonna be getting the game Monday night.

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 04-26-2008 at 09:57 PM..
ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #9
David Banner

David Banner is an unknown quantity at this point
same here i got a call from them i wonder why at 6pm
Old 04-27-2008   #10
Raziel 665
Newbie Member

Raziel 665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Reason I asked was cause you normally hear about quite a lot of promotions, but I haven't seen the licenceplate anywhere else before.
I'd find it hard to believe that a small gameshop in Holland was one of the few who'd actually have it.
Raziel 665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #11
piecake

piecake can only hope to improve
play.com gave me nothing! and the license plate is us amazon only not uk gutttied!

piecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #12
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
same here i got a call from them i wonder why at 6pm

ure prob gonna get the game early ya lucky B******!
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote