Old 04-26-2008   #16
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Did you just ask who Dan Houser is?
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #17
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Dan and Sam Houser are the CEO's of Rockstar Games

PS3 will get some sort of downloadable stuff for GTA eventually, just not the two Mission Episodes that Microsoft paid for exclusive rights to

Acievements for PS3 are in Home (the free meeting place for all PSN users, released in the next few months) there are Walls of fame and stuff
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #18
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
regardless of the extra content i would go ps3
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #19
krislicoque

krislicoque is an unknown quantity at this point
I played all the GTA games and completed them on 100%, and yes I had no idea who Dan House was before I just read this.

Right now the only thing holding me from buying a PS3 is the fact that Xbox gets some downloadable content.

Furthermore, weren't there for one of the consoles the ability to play mods (like on PC) in games like Unreal Tournament? Was that PS3 or Xbox?
krislicoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #20
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Ps3.

Last edited by Qontrol; 04-26-2008 at 09:34 AM..
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #21
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
LOL. Dan Houser, my friend, is head of R* Games. He's the mastermind of GTA. Honestly krisilcoque, if you haven't bought a console yet, I'd suggest buying a PS3, and this is not based on GTA IV alone. Sony is purportedly applying in-game XMB ( a system which makes it easier to connect with your friends online, know when they're on etc. ) in the coming months, and the PS3 is also getting it's own take on achievements, called trophies. If you're deciding which console to buy based on GTA IV, I'd say it'd be the PS3 if DLC isn't a big enough factor for you.

EDIT: The 360 doesn't support mods. The PS3 does. There are already quite a few good mods for Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3.
the punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #22
Jeremy 360 NL

Jeremy 360 NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
PS3

1. Better graphics (even Dan Houser has gone out and said so)
2. Free Online
3. DLC (of some sort) is also bound to come to PS3
4. Dualshock 3 (the greatest control of all time IMO)
5. Acheivement system is coming and will be integrated with Home
THERE WONT BE DLC FOR PS3 FFS!
Jeremy 360 NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #23
jaybay20000
Reppin Dukes

jaybay20000 is an unknown quantity at this point
xbox live is $50.00 yearly...its not a bid deal wow and we get everythin earlier than Ps3 b/c we pay but its only like wat $1 a week? plus i think u should get it on which ever system most of YOUR friends have that way you can play with them and you get Achievements by completing tasks some people say its not a big deal but i love the sound of a new achievement even tho there useless its still fun to try to get all the Achievements in a game like theyll be one that says complete the first mission or get x amount of money and stuff like that
jaybay20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #24
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybay20000 View Post
xbox live is $50.00 yearly...its not a bid deal wow and we get everythin earlier than Ps3 b/c we pay but its only like wat $1 a week?
What do you mean, what stuff do you get earlier?
the punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #25
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
if you personally want DLC, then go with the 360. I, on the other hand, don't really care about DLC, i just want to play the game. I have a PS3 because i had so many problems with 360. but that is just my experience and opinion.
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #26
krislicoque

I'm leaning towards the PS3 pretty much. Only the DLC that I'm unsure about. Some sources say that it's gonna be A LOT of new gameplay

Also, can PS3 and Xbox users play against eachother in multiplayer?
Old 04-26-2008   #27
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Don't listen to these idiots, they have no clue nor have they played any other console then the one they own. If there are more PS3 owners online they will suggest "get a PS3" same with 360 owners online.
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #28
krislicoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalBastard View Post
Don't listen to these idiots, they have no clue nor have they played any other console then the one they own. If there are more PS3 owners online they will suggest "get a PS3" same with 360 owners online.
Haha, what is your problem?

I only answered people who came up with good answers to my questions. I bet you didn't even read the thread.

I'm not gonna get the console that gets the most vote, you douchebag.
Old 04-26-2008   #29
Higgs
Newbie Member

Higgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by the punisher View Post
What do you mean, what stuff do you get earlier?
Well we got the Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack 21 days before PS3 users so I guess that counts. It might be possible that we get demos earlier too, but I'm not sure.
Higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #30
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by krislicoque View Post
I played all the GTA games and completed them on 100%, and yes I had no idea who Dan House was before I just read this.

Right now the only thing holding me from buying a PS3 is the fact that Xbox gets some downloadable content.
Well, I was in the same boat as you and went with the PS3. But I might have been a special case, as I based my decision on which console was a better multi-use platform rather than which console had the biggest game library.

Graphics wise the PS3 version is superior, and I have read several 360 users complaining about the pop-in, but this is only really important if you are a graphics whore. For me, I always hated the pop-in and framerate drops in previous GTA's, so the the PS3 version was just an axiomatic decision.

As far as the DLC, just watch out for people inventing facts. There's little that we really know, and a lot that we don't. Right now, we know that there will be two exclusive add-ons for the 360 featuring episodic content (worth around 10 hours each of gameplay). These two add-ons will be released in August and then late 2008 or early 2009, and almost certainly will have to be purchased.

When it comes to everything else about the DLC, it's all speculation. Jeronimo Barrera of Rock* has confirmed that there will be DLC for the PS3, but didn't offer up any further elaborations. No one knows yet if the exclusivity deal Rock* has with Microsoft will expire or not. Just keep these things in mind.

So finally, whatever decision you make, I'm sure you'll be impressed.
bonesmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote