Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008   #31
cstead
Banned
Banned

cstead is on a distinguished roadcstead is on a distinguished roadcstead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Including yours I read four of them and I don't think there was any mention of it.
I have an update for everyone - Read it here

The short of it is Rockstar confirmed with me this morning, among other things, that weather effects will be in multiplayer.
cstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #32
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Thanks Chris, I am adding this update link in the original post.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #33
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
i have read them all they all say the same thing this game is going to be the biggest and greatest game of all time
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #34
SoulTrain75
Newbie Member

SoulTrain75 is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess this is a good place for this but i have a few questions about multiplayer.

1. in the screens you see over the players heads things like "RS NYC 1" with a red dot im guessing it stands for rock star new york city player number?, but anyway is that just some names rockstar used while playing multiplayer and taking the screenshots or will everyone have names like that above their heads during multiplayer? or will it be our online names for psn and the xbox 360? im hoping itll be our online names.

2. also ive read how the whole city will be open in multiplayer so im wondering if in all modes the opposite team can see your icon or whatever on the mini map. being that the city is so huge it seems like if u cant see where the other players are it could take awhile in some of the game modes to even find the other team. but then again if the mini map does give away your position i guess stealth is out. but im sure you can maybe choose some ways to change some or all of this in the options screen.

what you guys think would u rather know where other players are and let them know where you are at all times on the minimap or would u rather have to find them and they find you thanx.
SoulTrain75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #35
InCirclesAgain
No that is not a body in my trunk officer.
Newbie Member

InCirclesAgain is on a distinguished roadInCirclesAgain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTrain75 View Post
1. in the screens you see over the players heads things like "RS NYC 1" with a red dot im guessing it stands for rock star new york city player number?, but anyway is that just some names rockstar used while playing multiplayer and taking the screenshots or will everyone have names like that above their heads during multiplayer? or will it be our online names for psn and the xbox 360? im hoping itll be our online names.
It will show your psn name or live name. Usually when companies are testing multiplayer they use names like "RS NYC 1" because the developers and people from rockstar don't want their live names or psn names to be revealed. Imagine how many friend request and messages they would get if they used their actual online name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTrain75 View Post
2. also ive read how the whole city will be open in multiplayer so im wondering if in all modes the opposite team can see your icon or whatever on the mini map. being that the city is so huge it seems like if u cant see where the other players are it could take awhile in some of the game modes to even find the other team. but then again if the mini map does give away your position i guess stealth is out. but im sure you can maybe choose some ways to change some or all of this in the options screen.
During modes like team death match they keep people in the specific area by making the weapons only spawn in that area.
InCirclesAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #36
Not-Fade-Away
Newbie Member

Not-Fade-Away is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiplayer looks awesome.
Not-Fade-Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #37
bangbangmaxwell
Registered P.I.M.P.

bangbangmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
I just realized that matchmaking must be a part of multiplayer. I read on the forums where people were concerned about whether or not matchmaking would be in or if you would only be able to play with your friends. We'll if one of the achievements is Kill a R* Dev in Multiplayer then how would that be accomplished if there wasnt matchmaking? Still seems bizarre that there would be such an achievement, think of all the people who will be playing, i would be pretty pissed if i had just that achievement to get and i had to sit and wait till i got paired up with a Dev!
bangbangmaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #38
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbangmaxwell View Post
I just realized that matchmaking must be a part of multiplayer. I read on the forums where people were concerned about whether or not matchmaking would be in or if you would only be able to play with your friends. We'll if one of the achievements is Kill a R* Dev in Multiplayer then how would that be accomplished if there wasnt matchmaking? Still seems bizarre that there would be such an achievement, think of all the people who will be playing, i would be pretty pissed if i had just that achievement to get and i had to sit and wait till i got paired up with a Dev!
That's the beauty of it. R* basically controls who gets 1000 achievement points in this game. It totally shoves it in the face of all those achievement whores.

Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #39
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
If I happen to find a dev, I will befriend him.

After a while, I'll shoot him in the head when his gaurd's down. But that will probably never happen, or I will never know. They did have a lot of devs working on this game, though, who knows maybe randomly one day you'll just get that achievement out of nowhere. I can imagine how that might go down.

"Awh, man, I just got let sleeping rockstars lie achievement. Hey, EVERYONE! So-and-so is a developer!"

Everyone: "Get 'im!!"
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #40
cyanfrog
>.< Apple pie, man.
Newbie Member

cyanfrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Good reviews =] Can't wait until tuesday. Reserved two copies today XD