Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #1
bangbangmaxwell
Registered P.I.M.P.

bangbangmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Vigilante Missions (POSSIBLE SPOILER**)

so after watching a gameplay vid, I believe vigilante missions will work as follows...
in one video niko is in a cop car and they search for a random name, the database finds the closest match and says where they could be found and what they are wanted for. Im guessing this means that you can then drive to their last known location and cruise around searching for them and kill them? does it seem legit to anyone else?

Last edited by bangbangmaxwell; 04-24-2008 at 08:08 PM..
bangbangmaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
dizzleman

dizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished roaddizzleman is on a distinguished road
iunno if it sees right but i think that would be pretty sick!

edit: well then again it might be stupid to search for random ppl in the computer

BOOM!!
Thanks rellimjoe
dizzleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #3
theferret
Newbie Member

theferret is an unknown quantity at this point
This is how it works:

You get a cop car. You access the police computer in it. You get 4 options: search by name, search by photo, most wanted, recent crimes. Or something fairly similar.

In the most wanted list you get a list of 10 criminals, and what they are wanted for. You can upload their position to your map.

Recent crimes gives you a list of 3 crimes that you can mark on your map.

search by photo/name is best for missions where you have to find a specific person.
theferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #4
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
It sounds cool and fun to do
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #5
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
do you go after acuall people online or fake people?
Old 04-25-2008   #6
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Fake People in the game just like in the other gta games only this time it is different
Old 04-25-2008   #7
bangbangmaxwell
Registered P.I.M.P.

bangbangmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point
ah i see, thanks for that clarificiation
bangbangmaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #8
theferret
Newbie Member

My last post wasnt 100% correct.. Here comes an update

Search by photo/name is 2 alternatives under "Search police records", and the 4th option is "Call police backup"
Old 04-25-2008   #9
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I wonder if any of Niko's friends, being deep in the criminal world, might show up on the most wanted? Imagine if you had to decide between having a good relationship with some guy that gives you a perk, but having to kill him for the most wanted vigilante missions. Maybe a smaller character that we don't actually get perks from cuz I can see how this could conflict itself in getting the 100%.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #10
theferret
Newbie Member

About searching for friends:

I just searched for a few characters that give missions, and some friends, and it seems like the ones you befriend can show up there if they have a criminal record, though the computer says location unknown for them. On the most wanted list I havent seen any name i recognize.

Last edited by theferret; 04-25-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-25-2008   #11
claud3
Banned
Banned

Do you think in free roam mode yuo could take a photo of your mates and then hunt them down or peds
Old 04-25-2008   #12
Jeremy 360 NL

Jeremy 360 NL is an unknown quantity at this point
cant wait ffs
Rockstar Social Club Member #54131
Jeremy 360 NL is offline   Reply With Quote