Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2008   #46
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooUnit View Post
My point grandad is, that people are downloading the torrent....rather than actually buying the game from the shop....does that make sense to you?? Or do you have your handbag infront of you little face??
What all...200 of them? There's a such a VERY SMALL amount of people who can even use the data that torrent gives that it's not worth Rockstar throwing in the towel over.

The gameplay vids we've seen, I'm willing to bet most of them are from a RETAIL copy of the game, not the torrent.
Old 04-25-2008   #47
d_winch
Newbie Member

d_winch is an unknown quantity at this point
At least 20,000 downloaded from one torrent alone. Nevermind newsgroups and other means.
Each one is likely to distribute it to about 3-10 people?
It all adds up, and as R* said, they are disappointed that people are choosing to do that instead of supporting them.
I know a few people at school who have pre-orders but have got the leaked copy now.

OP's point was that a lot of people have obtained a pirated copy to play now rather than wait 5 days.
He is saying, given the choice, some people would rather buy it. But they can't yet, so they are going down the pirate route.

So are R* missing out on sales by not releasing it now that its in the open? From people downloading it jsut because they can't wait.

OP is not pirating the game. Stop the hatefest, fucking hell.
d_winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #48
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Of course people are angry. A game/company they loved have been defiled by a few pirates. I'm sure Rockstar are pretty pissed too.
Old 04-25-2008   #49
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Of course people are angry. A game/company they loved have been defiled by a few pirates. I'm sure Rockstar are pretty pissed too.

Exactly. I'd do this in a second if ea had bougt r but i've got too much love. like torrenting pulp fiction.

Its to good to steal
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #50
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoownsLC View Post
Exactly. I'd do this in a second if ea had bougt r but i've got too much love. like torrenting pulp fiction.

Its to good to steal
What difference does it make if EA own Rockstar?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #51
thedark1
Newbie Member

thedark1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me pose this question to you guys that are agianst piracy or for it!

What if someone has a hacked console BUT still buys retail games? Does that mean they still are not supporting the devs. I personally don't see a problem with that. The problem is, most don't buy the retail game after pirating it. Still, what if they modder purchases EVERY game that he downloads because he wants to support the devs.
thedark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #52
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Grand Theft Auto IV is a game that is way too good to be pirated. Well, if it was Saint's Row, go ahead. But with a game that took 3 over years, 150 people and a couple of milllions of dollars to develop, DON'T pirate it. Besides, those "sceners" and "devs" own the game and encourage people to get the game too. But it's fun for them doing these, I think, these people are weird.

I will NEVER download any GTA game. Even last time, I downloaded GTA2 from R*'s website (although it was free). It was a great game and I felt bad. I bought the game from Amazon then. Just want to say Kudos to R*! For TAIV, I pre-ordered 2 copies too (One Standard and one Special Edition). IT's totally worth it, trust me!

I'm don't approve or go against piracy, but pirating GTAIV is stupid. You'd feel bad, trust me.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #53
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
its too late to early release it. too many stores have plans that they cant just rescedule and R* has plans too.
Old 04-25-2008   #54
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_winch View Post
At least 20,000 downloaded from one torrent alone. Nevermind newsgroups and other means.
Each one is likely to distribute it to about 3-10 people?
It all adds up, and as R* said, they are disappointed that people are choosing to do that instead of supporting them.
I know a few people at school who have pre-orders but have got the leaked copy now.

OP's point was that a lot of people have obtained a pirated copy to play now rather than wait 5 days.
He is saying, given the choice, some people would rather buy it. But they can't yet, so they are going down the pirate route.

So are R* missing out on sales by not releasing it now that its in the open? From people downloading it jsut because they can't wait.

OP is not pirating the game. Stop the hatefest, fucking hell.
That doesn't mean that there's 20,000 people playing the game and 20,000 people that have chipped systems. People are stupid and will download the file anyway, without knowing what to do with it.

I can't believe what you guys are saying, you really want Rockstar to say "Okay hackers, you win, we'll just start giving the game away right now, for free" People are going to pirate the game regardless of when it comes out, but do you REALLY think that this is going to make a dent in total sales? No, it's not. You guys have no respect, and are very immature if you want the game to come out RIGHT NOW just because a bunch of pussies got together and ripped the game. Have you ever seen another game come out earlier just because it got leaked? I don't think so. So grow some pubes, and fucking wait.
Old 04-25-2008   #55
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
how can it be Rockstar's fault that some of us are very impatience about game that WILL coming out in 3 days? It's those's people's fault that they can't control their patience. If you want to resist your impatience urges then find something else to do to kill the times than spend hours and hours moaning about game that aren't going to release until next monday midnight
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #56
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
im telling yaw . you should just pick the game up in the morning so you have had a full night of sleep to prepare you for the whole day. you will kill your eyes trying to stay up to play gta iv all night. you will better enjoy it in the morning.
Old 04-25-2008   #57
d_winch
Newbie Member

d_winch is an unknown quantity at this point
I wasn't saying R* should release early, I was merely explaining OP's thoughts, as everyone seemed to be bashing him for pirating the game.

And trust me its a lot more than two hundred, regardless of people being stupid and still downloading it.
One site reporting on it claimed there were 20,000 downloading it total.
Pirate bay torrents make up almost 1,500 people by the looks of it. I'd assume that number again downloaded it on newsgroups.
And say 1 in every 5 or 10 was selling games to other people, it all adds up.
d_winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #58
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
im guessing the amount of people who pirate console games is a very small percentage compared to the people who buy them, and if they have the ability to pirate a game they would probably do it before or after its out...in other words if you have a modded system you will pirate the game either way...I dont think pirates and release dates are mutually exclusive because who would go through the trouble of modding their system and not use it to play illegal games on.
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote