Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #31
Éste

Éste is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, double post.

Last edited by Éste; 04-23-2008 at 04:16 PM..
Éste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #32
Éste

Éste is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the videos is quite clearly made by an English person i.e. they talk throughout. I wonder which UK retailer got the game to them early.

Also, ru7hl3ss = sG|Ruthless? I think I used to be in a COD2 clan with you!
Éste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #33
Tru7hhhh
Newbie Member

Tru7hhhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy J View Post
Honest with you, I don't understand what's big deal about getting game before or after release day. Rockstar would basically don't give a crap if you receive game that early. They are still happy because they are getting profits dues to their hard work. You get the game that you had being craving for almost three years, Rockstar get benefits, everyone should be happy at end.
Agreed, just as Niel said earlier, it is their own fault, and other companies such at Bungie who put the game to retailers a week early. I honestly don't know why they even have street dates anymore, I think the moment a store gets it in stock, they should be allowed to sell it. That way everyone is happy, and no one has to be afraid of getting GTA Rolled.
Tru7hhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #34
jay gully80

jay gully80 is on a distinguished roadjay gully80 is on a distinguished road
congrats buddy. i don't want to see any vid or pics. its almost here. why spoil it now? one request though. play the game the way i would if i got it tomorrow... play the HELL out of it!
jay gully80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #35
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
Well guys, Sublimo's right! Enjoy it! Eat your hearts out all you will! But no spoilers guys, mmmkay? Spoilers are bad, mmmkay?
I'm glad you'll be receiving the game, i have to wait till tuesday as well. I'm also from Belgium, (Sublimo also as it looks)
But you aussies should enjoy! I'm glad for you.
If I got it, i would be playing too.
To the people who pirated it, j00 suck!
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #36
x ReNeGaDe
Newbie Member

x ReNeGaDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Here In NYC my local gamestore gets it on Friday... WooT
x ReNeGaDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #37
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Yes, actually, I would.

It's unfair towards Rockstar, and it's unfair to the millions of others who pre-ordered, or even those who intend to wait, that some unorganized website delivers their products before a certain streetdate. It's unfair to the developers, retailers (honestly, if a Wal-Mart and a Gamestop are right beside eachother, and you find that Wal-Mart leaked the game, who are you going to buy from? Gamestop then loses sales).

Honestly, if you do get it early (which I doubt, since you aren't proposing to publish a gameplay video), then I honestly and sincerely hope that you are banned from PSN/Xbox Live, purely from the fact that you are taking advantage of Rockstar North's inhability to prevent early launches from happening.
Why don't we use this logic for Africa? Sure does suck that the millions of kids in Darfur aren't even getting a GTA4 launch!

Not everything's fair, dude. I'm not gonna have a fit just because somebody got the game a week before me, and I doubt Rockstar would. It's just a marketing tactic to increase cravings and demand for the game.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #38
ru7hl3ss
Ruthless
Newbie Member

ru7hl3ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Éste View Post
One of the videos is quite clearly made by an English person i.e. they talk throughout. I wonder which UK retailer got the game to them early.

Also, ru7hl3ss = sG|Ruthless? I think I used to be in a COD2 clan with you!
that be me, hello there.!
ru7hl3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #39
Shannon
Newbie Member

Shannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to let you guys know, my parcel arrived as expected about 9 hours ago, game is awesome.

Was a mistake on behalf of the website, they've rang me and told me to keep quiet if possible ;P.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote