Old 04-24-2008   #1
dkgta
Registered Car Jacker
Newbie Member

dkgta is an unknown quantity at this point
Gameplay Videos

ok so rockstar gets upset with all the gameplay video leaks...what do you expect, you have so much hype for this game + rockstar gives us little info in gameplay videos + games get delivered 5 days early = what do you expect. there is so much that we don't even know about the game....*spoiler* (don't know how to use spoiler tags) ie you can watch tv in niko's apartment.*spoiler*
rockstar does a great job in what they do but to avoid this problem in the future they should release more videos.
i'm frustrated and i feel i should projectile vomit on a tree.
the 5 longest days of our lives.........
dkgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
To use the spoiler tags, type [ spoiler ] when starting it, and [ /spoiler ] when closing it. Be sure to remove all of the spaces.

It should look like this:

GTA IV is going to be fun!

But on-topic, consider this:
This is a MASSIVE step up from the rest of the series. In Rockstar's eyes, they wanted everyone to be entirely surprised when opening their game the day they purchase it, and seeing massive, living, breathing world, unparalleled with ANY other GTA game, or any game for that fact.

It's quite a step up from the past GTAs, so Rockstar really wants to surprise people come launch.
Old 04-24-2008   #3
dkgta
Registered Car Jacker
Newbie Member

but then why didn't rockstar make sure nobody got copies early? like make sure whoever the retailer is to send it out so when it arrives at the door step it's the 29th or just the day before, but 5 days?
Old 04-24-2008   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
People work at game stores and they snag copies early. Some of those people ripped the data off the disc and spread it around the net.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #5
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
I can understand why someone would leak footage, but to release a full game on torrent sites before their launch date? Low blow to Rockstar, to be completely honest. Music piracy has never bothered me, since development costs are much less. But video game piracy and movie piracy are pretty bad.
Old 04-24-2008   #6
dkgta
Registered Car Jacker
Newbie Member

yeah that sucks for rockstar, but if i were to attempt to download the torrent i would have no idea how to get it to run on the 360, nor know where to take it to get it modified to play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
People work at game stores and they snag copies early. Some of those people ripped the data off the disc and spread it around the net.
true true, but some people got it through preordeing off a gaming website and the gaming website sent em early.
Old 04-24-2008   #7
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
My friend (cam4ark) just got banned from youtube for putting up images of the special edition!
Old 04-24-2008   #8
Trinibrook

Trinibrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
I can understand why someone would leak footage, but to release a full game on torrent sites before their launch date? Low blow to Rockstar, to be completely honest. Music piracy has never bothered me, since development costs are much less. But video game piracy and movie piracy are pretty bad.
Very true. The people that do this is not a real fan or loyal to GTA. Some say they "don't want to spend $60 for a game" or "can't afford $60 on a game". A loyal gamer would have saved up months ago or paid off the game already!
Trinibrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #9
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgta View Post
*spoiler* (don't know how to use spoiler tags) ie you can watch tv in niko's apartment.*spoiler*
If you have kept up with news, you should have known that the ability to watch TV in the game is not a secret, Rockstar Games has revealed that to us. However, you should know that Grand Theft Auto IV is a fun and hard-to-resist game. Id you had watched the gameplay videos, you'll know what I mean. If they were to release gameplay footage any earler than 1 or 2 days before the release date, there would probably be a case of a 9 year old boy raiding a GameStop outlet in desperation to get the game. Then the game might not even be released at all due to the likes of Hillary Clinton and Jack Thompson.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
so...i still dont know why the australian retailers decided to send out peoples orders early. since nobody else is asking the question, i assume you know something i dont? care to fill me in?
ElephantGuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
Jeremy 360 NL

Jeremy 360 NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Omg it are my longest days to all those crappy quality ingame footage is boring xD
Rockstar Social Club Member #54131
Jeremy 360 NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #12
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I just watched another vid (10-ish minutes long) and now it's really getting to me. Monday night couldn't possibly come any sooner
Old 04-24-2008   #13
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
No matter how many videos you see, they're still not going to match the first time you play the game.