Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #76
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Not even 3 pages from now we're going to get have a repeating pattern of "360 sucks," "no PS3 sucks." I'm only wondering why, with the history of similar threads, that this one is an exception.
because this is a satire of all those other threads

"I are h8s ps3 but I think xboxs370 suxors teh more"
Old 04-23-2008   #77
alesana777777
Banned
Banned

alesana777777 is an unknown quantity at this point
I NEED HELP MY XBOX 360 LIKE 3/10 TIMES I TURN IT ON IT GETS RED RING OF DEATH BUT I JUST TURN IT OFF AND TURN IT BACK ON AND IT WORKS SOOO I DONT GET WY MY CONSOLE STILL WORKS?? OR IS IT EVAN RED RING OF DEATH , THREE RINGS LITE UP ON MINE ITS IT RROD??? AND REALLY IAM ASKING WUTS RONG WITH IT AND WY DOES IT STILL WORK IAM VERY SCARED CUZ GTA CUMS OUT IN 5 DAYS
alesana777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #78
Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
The real reason for the 3 red lights of failure is a result of long term heat of the CPU and the GPU against the motherboard that caused it to “bow” or “warp”. This warping issue causes the lead-free solders that were used to mount the motherboard to have lots of tension on them. After it too having long exposure to elevated temperatures, the solders become brittle and develop hair-line cracks that are almost irreparable. It isn’t until the hair-line cracks form that you get the red ring of death.
My friend's 360 RRoD'd and had to buy a new one. He'll donate me his old one so I can fix it. Basically the X clamp on the heatsink is too tight and cause the wrap when it gets overheated. By putting on new bolts and washers you can rescue your dead 360. Over 900 people have succeeded rescuing their xbox so that's a pretty good odd Viols warranty obviously but with new faster and quieter fans it'll probably have a longer life than the 'repaired' ones M$ send back.
Old 04-24-2008   #79
HomieJ
Die Hard!!

HomieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny theres a thread like this because this nighmare has happened to me- I just got the RROD on Tuesday the 22nd. I'm sending it off as soon is possible. think how I feel
This means Im going to miss GTA and the Xbox wont come back for 2-3 weeks, i'm dooomed!
Old 04-24-2008   #80
xFlood of red
Banned
Banned

xFlood of red has a little shameless behaviour in the past
NEED HELP MY XBOX 360 LIKE 3/10 TIMES I TURN IT ON IT GETS RED RING OF DEATH BUT I JUST TURN IT OFF AND TURN IT BACK ON AND IT WORKS SOOO I DONT GET WY MY CONSOLE STILL WORKS?? OR IS IT EVAN RED RING OF DEATH , THREE RINGS LITE UP ON MINE ITS IT RROD??? AND REALLY IAM ASKING WUTS RONG WITH IT AND WY DOES IT STILL WORK IAM VERY SCARED CUZ GTA CUMS OUT IN 5 DAYS
xFlood of red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #81
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
relax a bit.
send it in for repairs or fix it yourself.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #82
RedAvery
F*ck all yaw B****es....Except all the staff. You guys are cool.
Amateur Member

RedAvery is infamous around these partsRedAvery is infamous around these parts
damn well i have two options so if my 360 fucks up on me ill get it for my ps3. then when my 360 gets back ill buy it for the 360 and ill have 2 gta iv lol
Old 04-24-2008   #83
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlood of red View Post
NEED HELP MY XBOX 360 LIKE 3/10 TIMES I TURN IT ON IT GETS RED RING OF DEATH BUT I JUST TURN IT OFF AND TURN IT BACK ON AND IT WORKS SOOO I DONT GET WY MY CONSOLE STILL WORKS?? OR IS IT EVAN RED RING OF DEATH , THREE RINGS LITE UP ON MINE ITS IT RROD??? AND REALLY IAM ASKING WUTS RONG WITH IT AND WY DOES IT STILL WORK IAM VERY SCARED CUZ GTA CUMS OUT IN 5 DAYS
Ok, shut the fuck up and tap capslock will ya.

You have gotten RoD. The little performance that is left will go away shortly. If I were you I'd do the towel trick, and get my GTA fix that way. Then send it into repairs when you've had the game for a couple of weeks.
________
Suzuki Alto Lapin history

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 07:00 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #84
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
I was going to get the 360 version but i ordered the ps3 version! I think i made a wise choice (Multiplayer on 360 = i get a lot of lag for some reason. PS3: Ultra Fast No Lag