Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #16
Jomolungma
Amateur Member

Jomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished roadJomolungma is on a distinguished road
Well, first off, Jack Thompson is a lunatic. I think that's pretty clear. However, be careful calling this by any legal terms, like slander, etc. I don't want to turn this into a legal exam (I have enough of those to deal with right now), but I'll just say it can get really complicated. Let's just be happy with calling Jack one crazy mother f**ker. Trust me, if there are any legal angles to this, old Strauss will be the first to pursue them.
Jomolungma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #17
Matt174e
Newbie Member

Matt174e is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt that this is real. I seen this on another forum... again with no source.
Matt174e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
"Strauss is even marketing the new Grand Theft Auto IV on World Wrestling Entertainment tv shows seen by millions of kids."

Hmm.... Real violence and sex being watched by children is OK, but fake violence and sex is bad? Way to make sense Jack. I think what this whole thing comes down to, is people like Jack Thompson are so used to bitching about stuff, and they're tired of Rap Music. Seriously, people need to Man the Fuck Up and stop trying to find stuff to blame for their issues. Then again, maybe Jack just needs to get laid.... and smoke a joint or 5. That always cheers me up.
Old 04-23-2008   #19
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
I've played Grand Theft Auto since I was 14, and frequently listen to the same music that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold listened to (Rammstein, KMFDM, and Marilyn Manson, among other industrial groups). Here's the interesting thing Jack, I've never committed a crime. This man is off the deep end and needs a good psychological evaluation. Then again a nice thick King James Version right up the ass (where it belongs) might fix him up.
14? I'm only 14 now, I started playing GTA2. I loved randomly using a flamethrower to burn (I have stats from when I was 7) 10000s of people. I have never commited a crime, and never plan to. (And I really have a knack for gore in games, I have the unpatched manhunt 2 on my psp). I am trying not to go on an immature rant about this, but this guy pisses me off.

Somebody sue the wachovski brothers for their extremely violent movie about people taking drugs and going on rampages killing cops (AKA The Matrix)
Old 04-23-2008   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
No fucking way did he write that, hahahahaha
Old 04-23-2008   #21
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I thought he wasn't allowed to bother anyone about GTA anymore?
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #22
bloodflow82

bloodflow82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Cake View Post
banned in some countries but sold to children here.
i love how this is a game rated 18+ and he says it is sold to CHILDREN. what a dumbass!
Old 04-23-2008   #23
AdmiralSpags

AdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished road
That son of a bitch.
I have a thorough lack of knowledge about people like Jack Thompson.
Obviously, people who kill others are profoundly F***ed up in the head, for whatever reason.
Why would you blame it on video games? Maybe a certain scene in the video game resembles the murder/crime.. but, this is just ridiculous. I'm tired of thinking about it. It pisses me off.

Assuming that this letter of his is real.
AdmiralSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #24
Twilight Vice
Newbie Member

Twilight Vice is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by baleent View Post
I thought he wasn't allowed to bother anyone about GTA anymore?
Yeah, but unfortunately it still bothers him.
Twilight Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #25
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if this email is fake, I figured I'd post some replies to the certain parts of the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Thompson View Post
...whose most popular video games are the Grand Theft Auto murder simulator games banned in some countries but sold to children here.
Murder simulator, eh? I would call GTA many things, but simulator is NOWHERE on that list.

Quote:
...I would encourage you either to play this game or have an adroit video gamer play it for you. Some of the latter gamers are on death row, so try to find one out in the civilian population who hasn’t killed someone yet.
Does this mean anyone who plays GTA is on death row? Hmm, guess all of my friends and I (along with the people on this forum) never got that memo.

Quote:
Experts note that the recent plethora of cop killings is caused in part by your darling son’s entrepreneurial energy. There are three policemen dead in Alabama because of Grand Theft Auto.
Dead because of GTA? Hmmm...well if these 'kids' did play GTA, who allowed it in the house in the first place? The parents? Oh, silly me, that's right, Take 2 did it. They just strolled up to their homes and put them at gunpoint until they "trained" themselves on it.

Quote:
Is there a Ted Bundy merit badge? If so, your loving son deserves one now. It should be red and green, for obvious reasons.
Jack Thompson should be arrested simply for talkin down on Ted Bundy. I also never realized Ted Bundy had anything to do with shooting cops and pedestrians...

Quote:
Any kid can go right to little Strauss’ corporate web site and buy GTA IV with no age verification.
Dang, Jack, that's a great point you bring up there. I only have one quesion: Where do they get the credit card info so they can actually pay for the game?

Quote:
Strauss is even marketing the new Grand Theft Auto IV on World Wrestling Entertainment tv shows seen by millions of kids.
Yep, and it's all Take 2's fault. Not the TV channel's fault, nor the wrestling federation's fault. 100% Take 2. Oh, and I'm glad to see you're not a hypocritical asshole....oh wait.

Quote:
There’s another mother you would do well to talk to. Mrs. Crump in Alabama had a son who was a police officer. He’s now dead because a teenaged boy unwittingly trained himself to kill him on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
I'm sure the teenaged boy just walked up the street holding out a rocket launcher, instantly switched to an AK47, hit the L1 button for auto aim, then clicked R1 to shoot.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #26
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
If this letter is really true, JT is a really really sad person.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #27
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
He always will be, and always have been.
This guy is a loser.
He is the guy who reminds me in Highschool of the kid who stands on a pole lurking people and making fun of their looks and walks, he has nothing else better to do with his life.
Dumbasses these days..
Old 04-23-2008   #28
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Evolution is a wondrous thing.

Even the level of stupidity evolves.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #29
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
One step further... in the wrong direction.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #30
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
Jack Thompson and all the people who share the same state of mind with him can kiss my ass. And I hope he reads what I said, too. If not, then I'll tell it to his face even. He needs help. The kind that brass knuckles to the equilibrium can only offer..

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18

Last edited by GrungeRockCity; 04-24-2008 at 01:11 AM..
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote