Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #1
NMae12

NMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished road
People complaining already

Im a member on gamespot and all i see on there is people bitching and whining about how theyre so dissapointed about this game from a few crap videos recorded on someones camera and put on the internet. already theyre critisising and rating the game and saying it doesnt have this or that. Am i overreacting or are they whining for no reason? i think the game looks great so far. A few minor technical problems wont hold me back from having a great time, this is GTA, san andreas wasnt the prettiest game ever but it is one of the most fun.

/end wall of text.
NMae12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
This is a common side effect of overhype and anticipation I know I'll enjoy the game no matter what, so I'm not too worried about what whiny people on forums are saying!
Old 04-23-2008   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
San Andreas was a big, warm, chocolate cow cream cone compared to GTA IV.

I don't think there's any way I can not enjoy this game.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #4
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
yeh this has been way over hyped and no criticism from those morons at gamespot can b justified as they hav not played the game. i think this will liv up to the hype and yeh i didnt like what i SAW of the driving but im still confident it will b better wen I actullay PLAY it so i think my opinions on the game at the moment are obsolete.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #5
AdmiralSpags

AdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished roadAdmiralSpags is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
San Andreas was a big, warm, chocolate cow cream cone compared to GTA IV.

I don't think there's any way I can not enjoy this game.
SPOT ON..
Spot on.
Couldn't possibly have said it better/couldn't agree with you any more than I do.

It's going to be so satisfying to roam around Liberty City with my brother and friends evading the FBI.
AdmiralSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #6
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't see much of the video, but I just wanted to see what the driving complaints were... it drives like a regular car with body roll, so what? An old car will do that without stiff shocks, besides older cars do that. Go look at an infernus or something. in the old GTA, you could pretty well turn on a dime. I hated that myself. I use to do some... minor street racing, the E-Brake does come in handy to turn the back of the car around if done right. I see a chopper too, and I think the guy playing the game just didn't know how to handle it well, nor with the cars as he was turning too quickly ... you'll have to ease the stick left/right to maintain speed. Oh well. I'm happy with what I saw.
Old 04-23-2008   #7
yimpat
Registered Loser

its just the fact its not what we've been used to. so like people r skeptical like on whether the cars will capsize too easily or they will slide about too much and not allow for fast driving. I'd say these will b laid to rest on the 29th
Old 04-23-2008   #8
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
I didn't see much of the video, but I just wanted to see what the driving complaints were... it drives like a regular car with body roll, so what? An old car will do that without stiff shocks, besides older cars do that. Go look at an infernus or something. in the old GTA, you could pretty well turn on a dime. I hated that myself. I use to do some... minor street racing, the E-Brake does come in handy to turn the back of the car around if done right. I see a chopper too, and I think the guy playing the game just didn't know how to handle it well, nor with the cars as he was turning too quickly ... you'll have to ease the stick left/right to maintain speed. Oh well. I'm happy with what I saw.
if you compare GTA III to GTA SA driving physics they are completely different III WAS perfect to turn a hairpin corner you just tap on the handbreck and turn its soo easy and unrealistic, but in SA it was a bit harder to do it perfectly but was alright, just alot different.

GTA IV looks realistic only complaint i have is the guns dont blow back/cockback and thats minor!
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #9
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
quit your belly aching homos few people have actually played the game you see a few crappy videos and everyones all cryin like some little school girls ohh i dont like how the driving looks or this or that quit bitchin if you think the drivings 2 hard then im sure that there will be a better handling cheat and all the car will drive like the other gta games did
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #10
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
What's great is Rockstar has avoided revealing a LOT of details about their game. San Andreas's hype was the highest I've ever seen aside from Halo and they provided a ton of gameplay videos. They've been more "secluded" with IV, which I appreciate. They know they're making an amazing game and they're going to let people decide for themselves.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #11
yimpat
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
quit your belly aching homos few people have actually played the game you see a few crappy videos and everyones all cryin like some little school girls ohh i dont like how the driving looks or this or that quit bitchin if you think the drivings 2 hard then im sure that there will be a better handling cheat and all the car will drive like the other gta games did
directed at whom?

and yeh i noticed at how the drving was harder in SA than vice city and gta 3 didnt mind really onlly noticed after i went bak to play vice city.
Old 04-23-2008   #12
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Why would you make a thread about people complaining if you only talked about the GameSpot forums? Lol, that entire website is full of morons (aside from the creators, reviewers, etc.).
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #13
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
im hyped for gta 4 a lot the only thing i dont want to regret or be dissapointed about is the land mass i hope its seriously close to san andreas it can be a little off but not a lot (i know there is gonna be a lot of detail and interiors and stuff but i still need this to be a way big city)
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #14
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
This is a common side effect of overhype and anticipation I know I'll enjoy the game no matter what, so I'm not too worried about what whiny people on forums are saying!
That is why I don't pay a lot of attention to the GTA4 forums. Learned my lesson with SA, even know it is still my favorite game .
Old 04-23-2008   #15
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
You guys who are complaining are most likely going to be playing it in 5 days anyways.
Chill out.

Ive seen the video's, and personally, i want more.
For the past two hours, i've been thinking of what I should have done in the video instead of the French guy. (lol spoillerr!11)