Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008   #16
Mark T
Gangsoflibertycity.com
Newbie Member

Mark T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick7213 View Post
i don't mean to be rude but i think the forum administrators and rockstar are being a bit silly. The whole point of a fansite is to discuss what information has been released and the videos hav been relaeased now so i dont see why rockstar are trying to hush it up. i know that they dont want 2 spoil the surprise but the videos are still easy to find and anybosy who wants to see the videos can still see them so stopping the information on a few sites isnt goin 2 make any difference. I think that Neil and the Admin are just 'bumlicking' rockstar so that they'll get a mention in the manual. Fansites are supposed to present an unbiased view on the games. Not a censored one. Rockstar shouldn't have sent out the games so early anyway.
I think the mods have made the right decision. As you said, if you want to view the gameplay videos you can go elsewhere. There is no need to post anything relating to leaked GTA IV videos. If you want spoilers and video, go elsewhere.
Old 04-23-2008   #17
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
As a fansite we are supposed to respect the "intellectual property" of Rockstar Games, which we do. We took down the links to leaked footage because a PR representative from Rockstar contacted all of us, fairly disappointed following an initial reaction of refusing to take down the links. We are not "bumlicking" in order to get anything out of this, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Since the leaked content is so abundant, I'm sure you don't need this site to give you links.
Old 04-23-2008   #18
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
I'm not watching any of the videos posted, I've waited a long time for this game and want to experience it on my tv and surround sound system, not some crappy YouTube videos, honestly it's a shame soo many other people are weak and watched the videos, I really hope they are disapointed with themselves. No self control.

Good for you,don't watch them. With that being said,quit passing fucking judgement on the people who do. If they want to watch them,that's their business. Who the fuck are you to try and tell them otherwise.
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #19
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Pretty much. This sucks.
Old 04-23-2008   #20
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
As a fansite we are supposed to respect the "intellectual property" of Rockstar Games, which we do. We took down the links to leaked footage because a PR representative from Rockstar contacted all of us, fairly disappointed following an initial reaction of refusing to take down the links. We are not "bumlicking" in order to get anything out of this, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. Since the leaked content is so abundant, I'm sure you don't need this site to give you links.
Okay,tell me this,if you hadn't been contacted by Rockstar,would you have taken them down?
Old 04-23-2008   #21
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
I think the mods have made the right decision. As you said, if you want to view the gameplay videos you can go elsewhere. There is no need to post anything relating to leaked GTA IV videos. If you want spoilers and video, go elsewhere.

I swear it's some fucking Nazi's on this site.
Old 04-23-2008   #22
PulpzillA
Amateur Member

PulpzillA is an unknown quantity at this point
well just an hour ago there was a whole forum section dedicated for early release vids etc.
PulpzillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #23
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
You can still discuss the game without posting spoilers. The "Things To Notice" thread is a great example of such a discussion.
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote