Newbie Member

Shannon is an unknown quantity at this point
I won't be going online at all.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #17
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Switching over to a new offline account would be best. Still, I can't help feeling its a tad unfair that you get it before us. Oh well.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
Shannon
Newbie Member

Would you find it so unfair if it was you that got to play it early =p
Old 04-23-2008   #19
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
If you bought this game legitimately, you should have no worries about playing it early. Turn on your console and connect online, don't be afraid.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Would you find it so unfair if it was you that got to play it early =p

Yes, actually, I would.

It's unfair towards Rockstar, and it's unfair to the millions of others who pre-ordered, or even those who intend to wait, that some unorganized website delivers their products before a certain streetdate. It's unfair to the developers, retailers (honestly, if a Wal-Mart and a Gamestop are right beside eachother, and you find that Wal-Mart leaked the game, who are you going to buy from? Gamestop then loses sales).

Honestly, if you do get it early (which I doubt, since you aren't proposing to publish a gameplay video), then I honestly and sincerely hope that you are banned from PSN/Xbox Live, purely from the fact that you are taking advantage of Rockstar North's inhability to prevent early launches from happening.

Last edited by HH; 04-23-2008 at 04:35 AM..
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #21
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
I can understand not spoiling the game for someone but maybe a video on youtube with spoiler tags on this maybe.

Congratulations anyway
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #22
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Yes, actually, I would.

It's unfair towards Rockstar, and it's unfair to the millions of others who pre-ordered, or even those who intend to wait, that some unorganized website delivers their products before a certain streetdate. It's unfair to the developers, retailers (honestly, if a Wal-Mart and a Gamestop are right beside eachother, and you find that Wal-Mart leaked the game, who are you going to buy from? Gamestop then loses sales).

Honestly, if you do get it early (which I doubt, since you aren't proposing to publish a gameplay video), then I honestly and sincerely hope that you are banned from PSN/Xbox Live, purely from the fact that you are taking advantage of Rockstar North's inhability to prevent early launches from happening.

Well it's not HIS fault he gets the game earlier.
What should he do?
Wait till everyone else has it?
Are you that selfish that others can't enjoy a game before you can get it as well?

I'm 100% sure if your retailer gave it out sooner you'd be playing it as well while others had to wait.
I have to wait as well but I don't care if others have it earlier. Neither am I jealous.
They just got lucky and I wish them alot of fun with the game.
Old 04-23-2008   #23
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimo View Post
Well it's not HIS fault he gets the game earlier.
What should he do?
Wait till everyone else has it?
Are you that selfish that others can't enjoy a game before you can get it as well?

I'm 100% sure if your retailer gave it out sooner you'd be playing it as well while others had to wait.
I have to wait as well but I don't care if others have it earlier. Neither am I jealous.
They just got lucky and I wish them alot of fun with the game.

Actually, if my retailer gave me the game early, I wouldn't play it until 12 AM Tuesday.

Not risking getting my account banned. No thanks.
Old 04-23-2008   #24
Shannon
Newbie Member

If my account gets banned i'll be abusing sony, i've done nothing wrong, i preorderred expecting to be shipped in a few more days. I never asked for it to be expressed to me at this date. I'll just assume that it was legal due to the fact it was shipped to me.

I'm not doing anything wrong. For you to tell me that i deserve to be banned is pretty uncalled for. I'm not going to be posting gameplay, because its only a few more days, i've got enough exams and things without having to prove myself to you's i said i'll post covers, manuals and answer questions.

Most people don't want to see gameplay, i wouldn't before i played the game.

Pretty harsh, seriously.
Old 04-23-2008   #25
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Actually, if my retailer gave me the game early, I wouldn't play it until 12 AM Tuesday.

Not risking getting my account banned. No thanks.
No you wouldn't
You'd disable online play and just play single player.
No one is going to believe it when you say you will let the game gather dust for a few more days untill it's official street date.

You need to stop being selfish.
Like Shannon said. The people who recieve the game are NOT at fault.
Old 04-23-2008   #26
HH
Cupcake

A bit harsh, maybe. But consider the amount of time and effort that Rockstar have applied assuring that their game isn't played before the 29th. It's more of a rant to irresponsible retailers rather than you.

Sorry if it came off harsh.
Old 04-23-2008   #27
Shannon
Newbie Member

Rockstar don't care if they're game is released early, its so that all retailers get a fair shot of selling it.
Old 04-23-2008   #28
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Rockstar don't care if they're game is released early, its so that all retailers get a fair shot of selling it.
Actually, it's the pretentious people at Rockstar who are creating this situation right now. I think it's a very arrogant attitude to have, claiming that something's so good that everyone must have it at exactly the same moment. It's also a massive marketing ploy, designed to create demand or cravings for the game, and when you're doing that, you've got a good chance of converting those feelings into sales.

It's also one of the reasons that I stand firmly against special and limited editions of games. The arrogance which it shows in thinking that a specific title is worthy of one of these fancily boxed products is something which I feel has no real place in the games industry. Who is to say that the team behind Saints Row or Project Gotham Racing 4 didn't work just as hard, if not harder, than the people working on GTA? Why should one game receive a special box just because its developer and publisher thinks it's worth it?

Just look at other titles. How many times have you seen other publishers go absolutely CRAZY when their game was released a day or two early? The point of the release dates is to create some sort of correlation between when people get their hands on the product, so that people in areas where the game hasn't yet arrived don't feel envious or mistreated. There's a point though (when games are being delivered to retailers over a week in advance of the release date and are simply sitting waiting to be sold) when it becomes silly.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #29
ru7hl3ss
Ruthless
Newbie Member

ru7hl3ss is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah its stupid, i mean technically the australians will have it a day before everyone else.....:hitler:
ru7hl3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #30
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
Honest with you, I don't understand what's big deal about getting game before or after release day. Rockstar would basically don't give a crap if you receive game that early. They are still happy because they are getting profits dues to their hard work. You get the game that you had being craving for almost three years, Rockstar get benefits, everyone should be happy at end.
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote