Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008   #16
Mr.Saxon
Banned
Banned

Mr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished road
Looking good, the soundtrack and artwork alone are worth the extra £20, but I also get a locke box, bag, a keychain, a slip case and 500 Microsoft Points on top of that.
Mr.Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #17
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I've ordered the standard edition because I don't really have the space to store all of this stuff, nor do I really need it. There's that and the fact that it's £30 more expensive in the UK (that's $60 for you USA people, bringing the total cost to $138). I'll just stick to my $80 standard edition, thanks.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #18
Mr.Saxon
Banned
Banned

Mr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished roadMr.Saxon is on a distinguished road
It's only £20 extra at HMV and in some GAME stores, might have to ask though, offer is not available at all stores.
Mr.Saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #19
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
I did preorder the Standard edition from my local game shop.. but seeing as the special edition isn't sold out, and it looks so damn good i might splash out and get that.. Does anyone know if its limit edition?
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #20
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJordanJames View Post
I did preorder the Standard edition from my local game shop.. but seeing as the special edition isn't sold out, and it looks so damn good i might splash out and get that.. Does anyone know if its limit edition?
As far as I am aware, no retail stores will be selling the special edition in the UK. You had to preorder online if you wanted it.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #21
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
As far as I am aware, no retail stores will be selling the special edition in the UK. You had to preorder online if you wanted it.
Yeah i just rang them up then. They already have them in store, they said their doing a mid night launch but they wont let you in the shop if you dont have a pre order (i do) and you gotta get the special edition online.

Meh, saves me spending more money at least.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #22
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Hello Mummy. Mummy, can I have some chocolate? Mummy, I want a mars bars!
Don't smack my bottom mummy!

Seriously, I want me some GTA.
Old 04-22-2008   #23
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Hello Mummy. Mummy, can I have some chocolate? Mummy, I want a mars bars!
Don't smack my bottom mummy!

Seriously, I want me some GTA.
sorry... what?
Old 04-22-2008   #24
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Haha, the first italicized line is when Austin Powers get stuck in Felicity's cleavage (Heather Graham's). So I guess I was making a comparison between getting stuck in beautiful cleavage and getting wrapped up in everything GTA.
Old 04-22-2008   #25
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
ah... i havent watched Austin Powers, sorry... carry on.
Old 04-22-2008   #26
D-star
Newbie Member

D-star is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I've ordered the standard edition because I don't really have the space to store all of this stuff, nor do I really need it. There's that and the fact that it's 30 more expensive in the UK (that's $60 for you USA people, bringing the total cost to $138). I'll just stick to my $80 standard edition, thanks.

It is an extra $30 USD also so it's $89.99 + sales tax(which differs from state to state).

sales tax info
http://www.taxadmin.org/FTA/rate/sales.html

gamestop price info
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=200338
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #27
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm really loving that box all the Special Edition stuff comes in!
Old 04-22-2008   #28
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Started stocking the proper cases here too
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #29
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Cool, the GTA IV logo looks embossed on that one
Old 04-22-2008   #30
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah I noticed that too! And not just the graphical emboss that's already present in the logo, but like GTA III & Vice City PC version box emboss