Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008   #16
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
The possible reason for the Australian and NZ censorship:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Two
"...in regards to what Rockstar have removed for the Australian release, as far as we're aware there was only one sexually violent cut-scene which Rockstar felt would cause the game to be Refused Classification. Unfortunately we're not able to go into specifics until after the game has been released but I can tell you that the scene involves a weapon being inserted into an enemies private area during a mission where Niko is taking revenge after one of his close friends was forced into sexual intercourse during his stay in prison...This is what Rockstar felt needed to be removed from the game for its Australian release. We were recently given permission to release this information because as we understand, Rockstar originally made a press release stating that the game would be released uncut world wide. We felt it would be misleading not to release the information."
http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...&postcount=160
Old 04-15-2008   #17
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasagd View Post
I asked that before but no one answers me....
Should I use my invicibility to fight crime or for evil??.
Anyway my guess is that the peds won't bleed when you shoot them.
allowed in an MA15+

Quote:
The “MA15+” rating is restricted to those 15 and over meaning those under 15 cannot legally play or buy the game without being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. It can contain strong gruesome violence if justified by context, strong implication of sexual activity, much coarse language (though “very coarse language” should be infrequent), and “strong themes”.
and what the released back of the game says

Quote:
contains strong violence, very strong language, sex and drug references
Old 04-15-2008   #18
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Peds will bleed when they are shot just like all other GTA games here. My guess is some sexual content won't be revealed in the game. This is just retarded though, why should New Zealand miss out because of Australia's fucked up laws.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #19
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
ahhhhhhhhh thank you soo much skillet, that clears it all up, i dont know if i even want to see what was cut but im VERY glad that they are not cutting violent shit. so this has been confirmed yeah?
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #20
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
so this has been confirmed yeah?
judging by "possible" and "as far as we're aware" i would say... no
Old 04-15-2008   #21
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
So are there any Australians on this forum that ordered from gpstore? If so, did they get the same email?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #22
joeygunns
Newbie Member

joeygunns is an unknown quantity at this point
does it really matter that it is censored? i can understand if the game was censored in a HUGE WAY like guns being taken out...and they cut out some sexual stuff right? im know people get off over computer generated sex...but do we really have to see it?

to me its not a big deal..i will still get to play it..i played the "censored" version of gta3 where you couldnt have sex in the cars and i still loved it...its A GAME!! watching people have sex in games is pointless..

to everyone else who is bagging out australia and new zealand just because we get a edited version of the game..grow up
joeygunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #23
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I find it interesting that the OFLC were not actually a part of the censoring process and Rockstar took the liberty of cutting out the content without being asked.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #24
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
Isnt this all amazing!!!

I pointed this exact same thing out not long ago in a thread! I also pointed out the fact that the Aus version would be edited in another thread which I created, pointing out the fact that GTAIV was classified in Aus in DEC 07.

Its so funny that everything I have pointed out has ended up being true and in the news......

EDIT: I just noticed that the source link ends up quoting an email sent by gameplanet.co.nz
I sent them an email (dated 6/04/08) quizzing them as to why my copy of San Andreas brought from them was an Australian version.....and asked them if this will be the same as GTAIV........still no reply....but this all confirms it.

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.

Last edited by nikobellic; 04-16-2008 at 02:18 AM..
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #25
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
This is just retarded though, why should New Zealand miss out because of Australia's fucked up laws.
because New Zealand relys on Australia for most things.....just like we do from the UK and the US.

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #26
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Now that it pretty much seems legit, there are still a couple of things which leave doubt in my mind, other than wishful thinking that is.

-Why hasn't Take-Two or Rockstar officially announced it? They told us Australia is getting a cut version, no mention of NZ then or now.
-If the NZ OFLC was shown the same version as the Australian OFLC, why did the Australian rating come through in December yet the NZ rating came through in February, about the same time as the Germany, UK & US ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikobellic View Post
Isnt this all amazing!!!

I pointed this exact same thing out not long ago in a thread! I also pointed out the fact that the Aus version would be edited in another thread which I created, pointing out the fact that GTAIV was classified in Aus in DEC 07.

Its so funny that everything I have pointed out has ended up being true and in the news......
Are you thinking of the thread this post is from (rather than this) but as you can see, most discs aren't Australian. Not to mention, no GTA game before has been affected by Australian ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikobellic View Post
because New Zealand relys on Australia for most things.....just like we do from the UK and the US.
But we don't rely on them for a ratings system (and I've never appreciated that more than I do now), like I just said, no previous GTA was affected by Australia.
Old 04-16-2008   #27
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
NZ has had heaps of shit AUS hasn't had, we got a uncut version of SOF Payback, and we also got BMX XXX. i believe NZ has a good rating system and its a shame to see something like this happen because IV would probably have passed the rating system. i bet that part in the game that got cut isn't that bad at all, i bet u know whats happening but you dont really see much.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #28
Jimmy_86
Think!

Well here's an interesting link.

Interview with NZ's Chief Censor