Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008   #1
sirspy
Well... since you put it that way... I'm in.
Amateur Member

sirspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Information on GPS Navigation in Cars & Safehouses?

I was wondering if it has been said anywhere whether the GPS navigation feature can be toggled? If it automatically selects the destination, or if it is user-controlled like in multiplayer's "Cops N' Crooks"?

I only ask because while I will probably use it, I find learning my way around the city when I first start playing a GTA game is fun, when I slowly starting to recognize certain landmarks and what not around safe houses and being able to find my way home without having to look at the map, then to having intimate knowledge of every sidestreet and where it leads.

Speaking of safehouses I haven't heard any mention of them yet, anyone seen anything on this?
sirspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #2
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
im 99.99% sure u only use the gps feature when you want to use it.

and for safehouses, i know he has one, and there are no garages, he only has a parking space on the street that will save cars

EDIT: what i mean to say is that at the original safehouse he doesnt have a garage. as of garages in the game, i dont know but i would assume they are.

Last edited by killahmatic; 04-15-2008 at 03:06 PM..
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #3
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
the GPS is for missions, where if you need to go somewhere, or if you set waypoints. Luxury cars are to have the speaking directions for their GPSs. And i'm sure you'll be able to toggle it

In terms of safehouses, all I've heard is that there will be a marked parking space outside that pretty much acts as a garage. I'm not sure if there are no garages at all, but we'll have to wait and see
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #4
sirspy
Amateur Member

Thanks man! Love your icon by the way, THE CAKE IS A LIE!
sirspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #5
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
I really hope the gps can be toggled, i love just driving around town getting to know every alley or wierd place, I would be very bored if a gps system marked my route every time.

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
Matt_310
PSN = Matt_310

Matt_310 is an unknown quantity at this point
That parking space sounds cool... imagine if you came out the safe house and your car was on bricks haha
Matt_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #7
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
I thought i read somewhere there will be parking space AND garages.
Not 100% sure howeer.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #8
JoshJG
Newbie Member

JoshJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeh GPS will definately have a toggle feature, it would really ruin the game if all you can hear whilst driving in a nice car is the name of the streets that you pass by. That would suck bigtime.
JoshJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #9
sirspy
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJG View Post
Yeh GPS will definately have a toggle feature, it would really ruin the game if all you can hear whilst driving in a nice car is the name of the streets that you pass by. That would suck bigtime.
Yeah I'm hoping it's like the Saint's Row GPS that you just set the destination and control it
Old 04-15-2008   #10
2 Nyce

2 Nyce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirspy View Post
Yeah I'm hoping it's like the Saint's Row GPS that you just set the destination and control it
Yea if its like that then its all good
2 Nyce is offline   Reply With Quote