Old 03-17-2008   #31
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that it's probably fake, but damn I thought it was really cool. It is possible that it could be real, but unlikely.

For instance, keep in mind that the game hasn't gone gold yet, so that initial image could be placeholder. Also, Rockstar games said GTAIV is a departure from past GTAs. You can't expect the intro to follow the exact same format as older games. The graphical style (if you look at the water at least) seemed to match what we've seen of GTAIV as well.

There's also a lot of evidence that it's fake though. For one, why didn't this person leak gameplay? That would confirm that it's real then and there. Second, if this were an incomplete copy it probably wouldn't be packaged in the final boxart with a label. Third, the intro comes up extremely quickly compared to most games. That was a little weird. Fourth, reviewers don't get review copies this early, if that's who the guy was. And fifth, yes I did say that GTAIV is a departure. But I don't think they'd make a departure that big when it comes to the intro.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 03-17-2008   #32
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I know not gta enough no rockstar style logo
Old 03-17-2008   #33
thor1to3for5
Newbie Member

thor1to3for5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't be disapointed if this was similar to the actual intro. I'm not hoping for big explosions and close ups of cars and loud music in my face from the very begining. This is going to be a story about the dark underbelly of the hardest city on earth and the clip is rather fitting. It would be a nice lead in to Niko getting off the boat and meeting his cousin. The clip was very artistic and very film noir. They have said IV is less like a video game and less like the other GTA titles so I wouldn't hold my breath for more of the same old thing.

Is it possible this is a very early build on the intro scene before anything was added to it?

Last edited by thor1to3for5; 03-17-2008 at 08:29 PM..
Old 03-17-2008   #34
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
If it was real there would have been at least a few minutes of gameplay.

Old 03-17-2008   #35
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont really care about intro just the game but the real intro should be way cooler.
Old 03-17-2008   #36
thor1to3for5
Newbie Member

thor1to3for5 is an unknown quantity at this point
You have to admit the style does look similar to another R* production.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/splash.html
Old 03-17-2008   #37
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks like a fun game.
Old 03-17-2008   #38
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
It fuck'n suck, okay? Capish?
Why? Cuz I tells you, capish? Comprende?

Utterly fake, disgusting and dishonoring.
I mean, there's no music.
GTA needs Music.

Just ask San Andreas.

[b]LA Noire looks cool though. Getaway in the 20's / 70's.

Last edited by ChiTheDesigner; 03-17-2008 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-01-2008   #39
vinney15

vinney15 is on a distinguished roadvinney15 is on a distinguished road
well ive watched the intro a 100 times and yeh i also think its a fake although how long ago was it posted this guys REAL smart, he did something original like its not something that just falls from the top of your head.
Old 04-01-2008   #40
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
vinney15 please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 weeks or more.
Old 04-01-2008   #41
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Whats a lighthouse doing there? It would probably be the statue of Liberty (Happiness)
Old 04-01-2008   #42
MuRpH
MuRpH
Newbie Member

MuRpH is an unknown quantity at this point
lol looked like titanic the game!!!
:hitler:
Old 04-01-2008   #43
piecake

piecake can only hope to improve
A good fake

Old 04-01-2008   #44
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
It would have been more believable with the soundtrack from the website running. That Disney-like music is faaaar off.
Old 04-01-2008   #45
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
You see this, is what happens after i warn a member for necroposting and don't close it.

/Closed.
Closed Thread