Old 03-27-2008   #1
TheProgrammer
Programmer&Modeller

TheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished road
Post Introductory Thread

Hey! I hope this thread will be a sticky. Here you can introduce yourself. Anything about you. Here is ME.

Name:[redacated]l AKA Emy

Home: Romania/[redacted]

Hobbies: IT(programming in [Visual Basic] and C++, modelling, operating PC, texturing, animating etc) playing guitar and voice and of course GAMING!

Favo[u]rite game: Gothic 1,2 and 3(Gothic 4 will come soon [note from future self: IT'S TOTAL SHIT]) and Grand Theft Auto

Favourite music genre and band: Rock, Punk, Pop, Gospel; Bands: Delirious, Metallica, Linkin Park and many.
[heavy metal,hardcore,technical death metal,metalcore]

Of course you can add other things like favourirte food, cars and stuff.

See ya later!

Last edited by TheProgrammer; 04-02-2012 at 11:48 AM..
TheProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #2
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
Welcome to the forums and an introductory thread is a good idea IMO
Old 03-27-2008   #3
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
You really like those Gothic games. They aren't to my taste but clearly they have been successful.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #4
DanWer

Name: Andrew

Home: Bognor Regis, England

Hobbies: Computers, Shopping, Music

Favourite game: CoD4 atm

Yahoo Messenger/MSG and E-mail: ask me

Favourite music genre: Gabber / Hardcore / Terrorcore / Chiptune. Favourite artists: Neophyte, Evil Activities, Angerfist, S.R.B., Sabrepulse, Matt Green, Fifth Era, Face Hoover
Old 03-27-2008   #5
TheProgrammer
Programmer&Modeller

TheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished roadTheProgrammer is on a distinguished road
I see that the thread has post already. Cool comunity. I hope I will manage to learn the new forum ad it's threads... I'm preety lost.
Old 03-27-2008   #6
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Another forum I go to has a thread similar to this. But instead it's called (the forums name)'s black book . E.g a thread of all the members details and contact details. Quite nice to flick through if you want to add someone, or find general info out.

Introductory thread seems like it's for new people only. Perhaps a rename or some sort to suggest that it's a thread for general info on fellow forum punters.

Black book is a good start....
Old 03-27-2008   #7
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Thread stickied - Seems like a good idea to have a permanent thread for this sort of thing

Now my introduction, only 5 years late (is it 5? I'll find out when I post)

Name: Phil

Home: I grew up in Luton and my parents moved to a village near Bedford in April '07, but then I went to uni in Portsmouth in October, so I don't really call our village home my home. It's a toss up between Luton and Portsmouth really (All those places are in England btw).

Hobbies: Computers, music, playing guitar, mountain biking, driving.

Favourite game: Don't really have on at the moment. I used to quite like the GTAs, Counter Strike and the Half Life series - but I haven't really played any games recently. They just don't seem to interest me as much any more, that and I don't really have the time to.

MSN: mouldy_punk[at]lycos.co.uk
AIM: mouldypunk

Favourite Music Genre: Don't really have a specific genre, I'll listen to anything at least once. Most stuff I listen to could be classed as rock. But recently I've been listening to Bob Marley and Johnny Cash. Mix that in with a bit of Muse and Madness and that shows how wide my taste in music is :p

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #8
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Name: Teppo

Home: Finland

Hobbies: American cars, music, chilling etcetc

Favourite game: GTA's

Yahoo Messenger/MSG and E-mail: wat?

Favourite music genre: Rockabilly & Rock' n' Roll (50's & early 60's)
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #9
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
i, too, am five years late - what a shame!

Name: Alec
Home: Los Angeles, CA
Hobbies: Programming (just like you, Mr. TheProgrammer!), biking, and maybe a sport once in a while
Favorite game: Grand Theft Auto III, no doubt
Favorite music: Metal
Shoe size: 13
SSN: PM me for details
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #10
Don
Random Member

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreW View Post
Name: Andrew

Favourite music genre: Gabber / Hardcore / Terrorcore / Chiptune. Favourite artists: Neophyte, Evil Activities, Angerfist, S.R.B., Sabrepulse, Matt Green, Fifth Era, Face Hoover
I can't believe foreign people are familiar with hardcore Evil Activities and Angerfist are awesome. You should check out one of those Dutch hardcore parties once, they're... amazing.

Anyways..

Name: Rogier

Home: Haarlem, The Netherlands

Hobbies: Music, going out, smoking pot, etc etc.

Favorite game: I don't (or VERY rarely) play videogames.

Favorite music: (dark) drum and bass, jungle, techno, hardcore, hardstyle, rock, hiphop.

Shoe size: 8 something

SSN: N/A
Old 03-27-2008   #11
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Name: Jan-Joop Metiary
Home: The Netherlands
Hobbies: Music (listening to it and playing instruments), being an intrusive and elitist bastard, and learning random stuff.
Favourite game: TLoZ: Ocarina of Time, Oblivion, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Favourite music genre and artists: "Classic" Rock, Folk, singer-songwriter crap. Favourite artists: Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Who, Neil Young, Jeff Buckley, and Led Zeppelin.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #12
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Name: Brendon

Home: Isle Aux Morts, Newfoundland
Random Fun Fact: Isle Aux Morts is French for: Island of the Dead (oooo, Scary)

Hobbies: Computer, Outside with friends, TV, etc, etc.

Favorite game(s): Probably the GTA Series, Guitar Hero Games, a couple of other games as well.

Favorite music: Isn't particularly just one genre, whatever I like I listen to.

Shoe size: 8-9, different types of shoes, different sizes.

MSN: bmanrocks_67@msn.com

Last edited by swallowed; 03-27-2008 at 11:15 AM..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #13
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Name: Jeff

Home: Jacksonville, Florida

Hobbies: Computers, friends, music, food, driving.

Favourite game: GTA3/VC, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 4, Rock Band (I love playing the drums). Oblivion is great as well, but I've played the hell out of it.

MSN: seradane@live.com
AIM: s3radane

Favourite Music Genre: Metal and pop-punk, although I like almost any genre of music (indie and country aren't my thing).

Welcome to the forums! I'm surprised we've never thought of this idea btw.

Last edited by JMR; 03-27-2008 at 12:18 PM..
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #14
Fox
Good gracious, ass is bodacious!

Fox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura aboutFox has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matthew

Home: Surrey / Nottingham

Hobbies: Running & typical student activities ie. drinking, clubbing, eating and sleeping.

Favourite game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Yahoo Messenger and E-mail: No

Favourite music genre and band: Drum & Bass: High Contrast.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #15
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Name: Kyle

Home: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Hobbies: Music, gaming

Favorite game: BioShock, The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion, any of the GTAs, etc.
Yahoo Messenger and E-Mail: --

Favorite music genre and band: classical, any professional orchestra/Dvořák (band = composer)

Last edited by ~Schwab; 03-27-2008 at 11:35 AM..
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote