Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008   #31
NikoteenBellic

NikoteenBellic is on a distinguished roadNikoteenBellic is on a distinguished road
I got the red ring right when i put it Bioshock. I went and bought another 360 cus i couldn't wait 2-3 weeks for free repair. After my original system was repaired, I returned the new one i bought for a full refund. I made sure I got a 30 day warranty.
NikoteenBellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #32
gtafan420
GTAfan420

gtafan420 is an unknown quantity at this point
That would suck ass!! good thing im a PS3 gamer so i wont have a problem. btw i like the hot air the ps3 puts out, it means the fan is really efficient and it heats my room when its cold(my room is far from the fireplace)
gtafan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #33
Uber_mike
Pong owns GTAIV and you know it!

Location: The Paradise city, where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty.
Uber_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
I have a 360 with a voided warrantee and it started getting the RROD last december. I spent $10 on the x-clamp fix and now its running perfectly. Not only that but I put some better thermal paste on the cpu and gpu and its running cooler and quieter also. I highly reccomend this over the towel trick and penny fix if your warrantee is no good.
Ive actually been looking into that as some way to get a 360 to lan with my friends at halo parties. (i hate spit screen!) but im to cheap to pay full price for a console which ill hardly use...
I know a couple people who just threw their old 360s away b/c they got the rrod... (they might just be full of shit though...)
I figure maybe giving some one 20-50$ for a 3 rlod 360 and spending 30 bucks on a x clamp fix kit from llama is worth it. (their are people who would rather not bother sending it in to m$)
I may own a 360 soon...
(offers? pm me!)
Uber_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #34
shaka

shaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats why you buy a PS3, get GTA4 on Blu-ray and you will never have to worry about the RROD.
shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #35
JJagoff
Amateur Member

JJagoff is on a distinguished roadJJagoff is on a distinguished road
And miss out on all that extra DLC? Sounds like a bad idea to me...
________
BMW Welt

Last edited by JJagoff; 02-03-2011 at 06:39 PM..
JJagoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #36
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
id try and fix it
if that failed id blow it to pieces
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #37
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
If i got a red ring i would just get the ps3 version instead
Old 03-27-2008   #38
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka View Post
Thats why you buy a PS3, get GTA4 on Blu-ray and you will never have to worry about the RROD.
That'd be semi-decent advice a year ago. Times change, man.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #39
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
That'd be semi-decent advice a year ago. Times change, man.
There are probably still many people out there with consoles from launch time with this risk, but if you're buying around now for GTA IV... do it!

Same s-word different thread tbh.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweJR2007 View Post
I had left Mass Effect in the Xbox on pause while i went to work, like i always did.
Call me crazy but maybe you should turn it off while you go to work, especially if this sort of thing happens.

Last edited by Jimmy_86; 03-27-2008 at 07:50 AM..
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #40
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
They'd still more than likely be covered by warranty.

And yeah, most of the people who get RROD are guilty of doing things like leaving their console on for several hours while they were out and then continuing to play it for several more hours. I've gamed for like 8+ hours at a time, but with several breaks in between. Work shift, I'm going to assume for this example, is 5-8 hours. So you turn it on, play for an hour, leave and then come back to play it for a couple hours or more.

I'm not trying to say that every owner is at fault, but even with the chance being there they thought a well ventilated area was the ultimate fix.

Last edited by Thundercracker; 03-27-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Old 03-27-2008   #41
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
mine RROD'd twice. but it would be smart to get a 360 now, they have changed their CPU company, or something like that.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #42
JohnnyRodz
Banned
Banned

JohnnyRodz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
They'd still more than likely be covered by warranty.

And yeah, most of the people who get RROD are guilty of doing things like leaving their console on for several hours while they were out and then continuing to play it for several more hours. I've gamed for like 8+ hours at a time, but with several breaks in between. Work shift, I'm going to assume for this example, is 5-8 hours. So you turn it on, play for an hour, leave and then come back to play it for a couple hours or more.

I'm not trying to say that every owner is at fault, but even with the chance being there they thought a well ventilated area was the ultimate fix.
Okay,so now it my fault because Microsoft made a shoddy product?
JohnnyRodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #43
Thundercracker

No. Even with the high risk of rrod, many owners thought they were invincible, is all.
Old 03-28-2008   #44
shaka

shaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJagoff View Post
And miss out on all that extra DLC? Sounds like a bad idea to me...
lmao dlc is a stupid idea, its not even free, screw that.

i take a 100% console that wont RROd on me over some stupid dlc that will not add anything new to a already huge 100 hour game.

also trying to play GTA with the horrible x360 controler ewwwww thats so annoying and the design sucks.
shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #45
Thundercracker

Ahhh, ignorance is bliss.