Old 03-26-2008   #1
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Turn Signals?

Hey guys, I always have wondered why GTA Series never had turn signals for the cars. It'd be cool if we can have it in IV. Like Hold B and press D-Pad Left or Right. Its gona be more realistic with the Turn Signals.Do you think turn signals are a god thing or bad?
Old 03-26-2008   #2
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I can't remember which, but I recall playing a game that would use turn signals when you steered in that direction.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #3
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
I've seen a screen where an AI is using a turn signal. I'll put it in this post when I find it.

Note: There are some games where AIs can use turn signals but the player can't. However, you can toggle headlights in this game, so we're making progress.

Edit:

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125

Last edited by Gotadime; 03-26-2008 at 10:03 PM..
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #4
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I wonder if the headlights button will work with the spotlight on the chopper.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #5
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
There's no control key for turn signal in the 'leaked' control map, only NPCs will be able to do that. Though control for headlights is present.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #6
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
There's no control key for turn signal in the 'leaked' control map, only NPCs will be able to do that. Though control for headlights is present.
Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know about you, but I was extremely overjoyed when I saw the headlights thing...who knows what would happen if they included turn signals, lmao.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #7
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
Hazard lights are always fun ....i remember when I was riding around with a friend of mine I'd always turn the hazard lights on when we go down the road just to piss him off. It would be hilarous if i could do it to him in free roam lmao...
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #8
gtafan420
GTAfan420

gtafan420 is an unknown quantity at this point
that might be cool as an option but if you got a star for not using signals it would be too much of a hassle
gtafan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #9
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Yeah, I know about the Headlights but it'd be cool if they added turn signals, say you hold B and press left or right. I'd love that it would make driving more realistic.
Old 03-27-2008   #10
Chris_King_1
Newbie Member

Chris_King_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
NPC's using turn signals would be cool cos I would always get pissed off in SA or VCS when ppl would pull out in fromt of you without signalling. Cos I would be speeding along then bam I run into them as they change lanes.
Chris_King_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #11
Uber_mike
Pong owns GTAIV and you know it!

Location: The Paradise city, where the grass is green, and the girls are pretty.
Uber_mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it would be nice to be able to use them. I think some of the only games that let you manipulate them are the getaway (not black monday even though in both they are used to show you where to go) and the tokyo extreme racer series.

I always liked being able to just cruise around the cities like the NPCs and be realistic.
Uber_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012   #12
pakchu
Newbie Member

pakchu is an unknown quantity at this point
and did you notice how in the lost and damned you can't tow any cars that you don't want to loose
pakchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #13
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
Old thread, but here's a turn signal mod that was made recently: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/45-indicator-script/

Doesn't seem to work with old patches like 1.0.4.0 unfortunately.
Deadly Wrecks car wrecks hurt, seatbelt helps
Weapon Weight weapons and ammo slow you down
Weapon Storage store weapons & ammo in safehouses
Real Reload more realistic reload model for guns
Hide Radar hide the radar & health bars for HUD-free gameplay

My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.0GHz || 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM || GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB
24" LCD @ 1920x1200 || Windows 7 Professional x64 || GTA4 v1.0.4.0
AngryAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #14
JamesF
Newbie Member

JamesF is on a distinguished roadJamesF is on a distinguished roadJamesF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmoeba View Post
Old thread, but here's a turn signal mod that was made recently: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/45-indicator-script/

Doesn't seem to work with old patches like 1.0.4.0 unfortunately.
I think this is the only solution for turn signals in GTA. And no, it only works for patch 1.0.7.0.
JamesF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #15
JamesF
Newbie Member

JamesF is on a distinguished roadJamesF is on a distinguished roadJamesF is on a distinguished road
@AngryAmoeba
That seems to be the only solution for a turn signal mod. And as unfortunate as it is, it only works with 1.0.7.0.
JamesF is offline   Reply With Quote