Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008   #16
Riffmaster Jon
Backstabber

Riffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished roadRiffmaster Jon is on a distinguished road
Yeah, my last 360 red ringed, so I just got a brand new elite. Prolly sell the old one when I get it fixed. If this one red rings right before I get gta, I will freak the FUCK out.
Old 03-23-2008   #17
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
The Elite won't RRoD, dw.

I've got myself a PS3.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #18
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I just got my 360 at xmas, so I'm hoping it doesn't already shit out. But I was thinking about this last night.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #19
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my ring of death the day halo3 came out it sucked.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #20
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Hmmm. I've become Paranoid about turning on my 360. It's a launch system. Hasn't Three Red Lights'd once

Also, It's not really a Ring, That indicates some kinda Power Failure I think. You only get 3 Red Lights if it's utterly dead.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #21
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Would suck, but I've got a PS3, so I've got nothing to worry about, except maybe it burning down my house.

I think the real question is, would you be willing to spend a couple hundred more bucks to buy a new 360 just for GTA IV?
You do have to worry, the PS3's get the Yellow Flashing Lights of Death. And Xbox's don't get RROD anymore because they have been updated, unless you got yours from long time ago.
Old 03-23-2008   #22
Fuzz_Nuts
Newbie Member

Fuzz_Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
The 3 rrod does not mean its dead. A lot of people, especially those not computer savvy, have jumped to conclusions that the reason for the rrod is overheating but that is not the case with the rrod because if it were overheating, letting it cool off would be good enough until it overheated again (not to mention the Xbox 360 has a seperate indication for overheating which would be 2 blinking red lights in the 1 and 3 quadrants rather than three lights in the 1, 2, and 3 quadrants).

The real reason for the 3 red lights of failure is a result of long term heat of the CPU and the GPU against the motherboard that caused it to “bow” or “warp”. This warping issue causes the lead-free solders that were used to mount the motherboard to have lots of tension on them. After it too having long exposure to elevated temperatures, the solders become brittle and develop hair-line cracks that are almost irreparable. It isn’t until the hair-line cracks form that you get the red ring of death.
Fuzz_Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #23
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Word to Fuzz_Nuts, The motherboard slowly went on mine, and is the most common fault for the RROD.

I think any Xbox's made after mid 07 or repaired/elite have the falcoln motherboard. Which is a newer version with a new heatsink and CPU/GPU(not sure which).

So you are at less of a risk if your in that catagory.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #24
LoweJR2007
Newbie Member

LoweJR2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, Let me tell you all a story...

January 4th, there was a burglary on my home, which involved my newly purchased (December 23rd!!) Nintendo Wii, A camcorder, computer and , the most pertainant to the conversation, MY 7 MONTH OLD XBOX 360 ELITE WITH ALL MY GAMES/ACCESSORIES!!!

Luckily, we had a strong idea (we knew) who did it! That Day we went to his girlfriend's house, and she let us look to see if we could find anything. Lo, and behold, In the back of their upstairs closet, under a pile of clothes, was my 360 and all associated games, and controllers. We got it back because that was all the asshole kept in his house. We also got back her computer, but the wii and camcorder were never recovered. That's what renter's insurance is for

Anyway, back to the story. Well the days went on, and near the end of February yet another Pre-GTA IV nightmare came my way. I had seen the evil three flashing lights several times (Yes on my ELITE manufactured date was either 2/2007 or 3/2007) But simple reset would correct the problem. This was different...

I had left Mass Effect in the Xbox on pause while i went to work, like i always did. When I got back, and turned on the controller, the 360 gave me a "this disc is unreadable" error. I took the 3week old disc out to see no scratches, then re-inserted it, and got the same error. About five more times into this I got everybody's favorite lights, but they again went away after a reset. Well after looking on xbox forums, and trying tricks to fix it that error went away...and i got a different error that I saw people getting! After about 2 hours, I finally decided to give up. Luckily, instead of having to to ship it off to Microsoft, I had purchased Best Buy's to year replacement, so I took out my hard drive, went up to Best Buy, and was out with me new Xbox 360 Elite in less than 5 minutes

My manufactured date is 01-01-2008 on this one, so hopefully there will be no problems with this one. And since it was within the first year (I guess because of Microsoft's year warrany) I got to keep the replacement plan. If it goes out again for whatever reason before May 22 I get to exchange it and keep my plan again. Anytime after 5/22/08 I'll have to purchase the replacement plan again. But I've come to the conclusion that after overcoming a very turbulent two months with my 360 GOD WANTS ME TO PLAY GTA IV J/K But I challenge you to bring a crazier true story to the table.
LoweJR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #25
W1ckeD
Life is complicated

W1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_mike View Post
No, imagine getting it right as you put GTA 4 in!
lol, yeah i would freak out.

And i don't have enough money to go buy a new one.

I'll just send in to Microsoft and play IV at a friend's house.
W1ckeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #26
Skipito
That's how we roll!

Skipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished roadSkipito is on a distinguished road
Wow! I'm happy I don't got a Xbox 360. (I don't have a PS3 to..)
But if I have an Xbox 360 for some reason with the Ring Of Death on 28 april 2008. I would throw up. I shall do everything to just make it work.
I think I'm crazy to do this, but if I would have it on the 28th april, I will put my 360 in the fridge, hoping it would be cold.

Regards,
Skipito the kangeroo.
Skipito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #27
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz_Nuts View Post
The 3 rrod does not mean its dead. A lot of people, especially those not computer savvy, have jumped to conclusions that the reason for the rrod is overheating but that is not the case with the rrod because if it were overheating, letting it cool off would be good enough until it overheated again (not to mention the Xbox 360 has a seperate indication for overheating which would be 2 blinking red lights in the 1 and 3 quadrants rather than three lights in the 1, 2, and 3 quadrants).

The real reason for the 3 red lights of failure is a result of long term heat of the CPU and the GPU against the motherboard that caused it to “bow” or “warp”. This warping issue causes the lead-free solders that were used to mount the motherboard to have lots of tension on them. After it too having long exposure to elevated temperatures, the solders become brittle and develop hair-line cracks that are almost irreparable. It isn’t until the hair-line cracks form that you get the red ring of death.
Lol, copypasta

My friends 360 died again for the 5th time yesterday. So there's an impending cloud of doom. And irritation at that, Because he got his launch system with me

I kinda want mine to die soon rather than later, So I can get in on the 3-Year guarantee before the offer runs out. Considering putting it somewhere vulnerable.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #28
RO Slingerland
The Drummer of the future

RO Slingerland is an unknown quantity at this point
My Xbox 360 died on me the day halo 3 came out, I don't want to imagine what I would do it that happened to me at the GTA IV release
Old 03-24-2008   #29
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea my 360 died the day i got Assassin's Creed so i had to bring it to my buddy's house and play it there for about a month til i got mine back
and someone mentioned the full red ring earlier.. that error shows simply because your A/V cable isn't connected properly
gave me a scare once lol
Old 03-24-2008   #30
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
It's just too good I own a PlayStation 3. Would hate to have a 360 and get the Red Ring of Date anytime near release date.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote