Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008   #1
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Win a copy of GTAIV!

Quote:
One of our delightful sponsors, Rockstar Games, has painted murals around New York City to celebrate (promote) the release of Grand Theft Auto 4, a quiet, peaceful video game about making friends. Want a free copy? All you have to do is a take a photo of yourself in front of one of these murals, then post it here in a comment. The first 20 to do so win a free copy of the game and our undying respect. The locations are:

* Williamsburg - Bedford & N5th
* Harlem - 112th Street & 1st Ave
* Lower East Side - 2nd St. & Ave A
* SoHo - Lafayette btw Spring & Prince Street

Photos of the locations after the jump. Murals will be up through 3/19. Happy hunting!
http://gawker.com/364070/celebrate-a...uto-video-game

Definitely better than the Microsoft competition IMO.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Nice one 5tatic, now we know the locations of them all, pity us non-US people can't do the compo, unless we're good at photoshop.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #3
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
How is it better btw? Because only people in NYC can enter? Well that certainly gives you better odds, but the prize is just one copy of the game. I think because I'm already going to have both versions paid for that I'd rather go to the launch party or get a year of Live paid off than win another copy of the game.
Old 03-05-2008   #4
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Because only people in NYC can enter?
Anyone can enter. Just have to make a trip to NY. Sure, it may take a long time to get there as well as traveling expenses, but if you're lucky enough to run across one, take a picture, and you're guaranteed a copy of gtaiv if you're one of the first 20 to post.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 03-05-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-05-2008   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Yeah but that would be silly. Going from London to NYC just for a contest to win a $60 game when it takes several grand for transportation.
Old 03-05-2008   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oh wow, you actually think i was posting this because i'm doing it?

i'm posting it because there may be people who would want to do it.

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 03-05-2008   #7
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
Slim, you live close to NYC or something, right? DO IT!

Seriously, you should take pictures of you standing in front of all four and win GTA IV, FOUR TIMES!

JUST IMAGINE HAVING FOUR COPIES OF GTA IV, OMG!

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
oh wow, you actually think i was posting this because i'm doing it?

i'm posting it because there may be people who would want to do it.
I'm just saying, unless you live in NYC or even in the greater NYC metro area, the travel expenses and time it would take to get there would make entering the contest silly. So my point stands, it's pretty much for people in NYC. So no, not EVERYONE can enter. Yet with the Xbox contest, you just have to be 18, have a valid gamertag (you don't even need an Xbox or a gold account) and you can enter living anywhere in America.

Slim, you better enter this

And Static, I saw your post. Look, I understand you're upset because the "US gets everything blah blah". Well, if you guys in Europe would stop suing MS, you might get a contest there for once.

Last edited by phreak; 03-05-2008 at 12:11 PM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #9
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
There are many New Yorkers regular in this fourms. Gotadime, Zim to name some of them.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #10
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Thats great, but I don't live in New York.
Old 03-05-2008   #11
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thats great, but I don't live in New York.
You should be ashamed!!!!
:p

Great contest.
A bit too easy though? lol

Oh well, good luck to everyone who enters!
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #12
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
And Static, I saw your post. Look, I understand you're upset because the "US gets everything blah blah". Well, if you guys in Europe would stop suing MS, you might get a contest there for once.

haah well, i realised you werent trying to start an argument and didn't some texans sue MS for the downtime during the holidays?

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 03-05-2008   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Yeah but they're Texans, who really cares about them
Old 03-05-2008   #14
Retromoe
Resident Superstar
Amateur Member

Retromoe is on a distinguished roadRetromoe is on a distinguished road
hmm you think i should do it? i dont live too far..
2late seems like plenty of ppl already done it.
Old 03-05-2008   #15
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
You could always try.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote